Living the Dream

14 October 2012
10 October 2012
22 September 2012
10 September 2012
01 September 2012
14 August 2012
12 August 2012
06 August 2012
20 July 2012
20 July 2012
04 July 2012
17 June 2012
16 June 2012
15 June 2012
08 May 2012
24 April 2012
27 March 2012

Cabo San Lucas to Los Frailes

09 December 2009 | N23 22 W109 25
We have another nice sunrise as we pull out of Cabo San Lucas. Jim put the dorado lure on and we trolled out of Cabo. Not even out of sight of Cabo and we have a fish on! We can see a fin just swimming behind the boat so I dragged it in - a big (8lb) beautiful (blue and yellow) dorado! We kind of feel bad about catching a fish but I'm sure that will change once he's cooked up for tacos.

We pulled into Los Cabos Marina in San Jose del Cabo, fueled up and filled our water tanks, then gave the boat a quick rinse off. Unloaded garbage and hailed Passage II. They can't come over cuz they're deep in a lazarette trying to find where a water leak is coming from. So we said bye and luv yas by radio for Jim and to pass on our hellos to everyone in Ventura. Making me weepy again!

So off again to Los Frailes, just a day trip for a change. We had an interesting rainbow cloud around the sun today and saw rays jumping out of the water outside La Fortuna. Really cool!

Entering Frailes is interesting as the channel is huge and deep going into the bay. You feel like you're going to be on the beach before you find an anchoring depth! This place is really pretty and so quiet after Cabo and the water is so clear. Rays are jumping out of the water here too. There's so many jumping, it reminds me of the fountain at Bellaggio in Las Vegas.

Passage II made it in before the sunset. God are they fast!
Comments
Vessel Name: CharAnn
Vessel Make/Model: Newport 41s
Hailing Port: Newport, NY
Crew: Jim & Jeannine
About: We'll be spending our 2nd season cruising the Sea of Cortez. We had a great 1st full NY season from snow to snow! We can't wait to see what's in store for us this winter.
Extra:
Just so everyone is less confused, Jim is Phil & Phil is Jim. Jim is Jim in the boating community and with his family and long-time friends but he's Phil to me and my family and friends in NY. Though the boating community wishes he'd stick with Phil (there's too many Jim's and we haven't met one [...]

Who: Jim & Jeannine
Port: Newport, NY