Living the Dream

14 October 2012
10 October 2012
22 September 2012
10 September 2012
01 September 2012
14 August 2012
12 August 2012
06 August 2012
20 July 2012
20 July 2012
04 July 2012
17 June 2012
16 June 2012
15 June 2012
08 May 2012
24 April 2012
27 March 2012

Mazatlan Day 4,5

22 December 2009
Went ashore and met Captain Eddie who took our containers for fuel to fill up. Then we went to town, had lunch, found Jim some flip flops that fit (Mexicans tend not to have size 12 feet!) and a place that spoke enough English so we could buy our mex phone-the moviestar! (If you want to call here's the number from US 011 52 669 187 5626, otherwise from Mexico drop the 52 and good luck-you may need another code)

Let's talk about Mexican drivers/traffic. All we can say is that it flows, we're not exactly sure how it all is supposed to work but most of the traffic signs are just ignored. Alto signs are just driven through (maybe it means yield, not stop) and we can't quite figure out right of way here. Someone told us it's tonnage....probably is! We're amazed that we have not seen one accident since we've been here, horns -quite a lot. If you block the flow, drivers are pissed . On the buses, absolutely do not put your arm out the window because you might lose it!

We went to Taisho for drinks, then Jim went to use the showers (they have wire shower heads - talk about on demand hot water!), the back to the boat and early to bed.

12/23/09

Called lots of people back home and visited with another boater here in anchorage - Mike on Sunshine Lady, another single handing Canadian. Spent most of the day on the computer typing up log information so once I can get internet all I have to do is cut and paste and we'll be caught up in no time.

Sprinkled on and off today, leftovers from the Pineapple Express. Made burgers for lunch and cooked the ½ kilo prawns we bought from Bob - spectacular!

Some of the birds here are funny. They're kind of gull-like (don't know what they are) but they sound like they are saying "ow" or cackling and it just makes you laugh when a whole flock is going by.
Comments
Vessel Name: CharAnn
Vessel Make/Model: Newport 41s
Hailing Port: Newport, NY
Crew: Jim & Jeannine
About: We'll be spending our 2nd season cruising the Sea of Cortez. We had a great 1st full NY season from snow to snow! We can't wait to see what's in store for us this winter.
Extra:
Just so everyone is less confused, Jim is Phil & Phil is Jim. Jim is Jim in the boating community and with his family and long-time friends but he's Phil to me and my family and friends in NY. Though the boating community wishes he'd stick with Phil (there's too many Jim's and we haven't met one [...]

Who: Jim & Jeannine
Port: Newport, NY