Living the Dream

14 October 2012
10 October 2012
22 September 2012
10 September 2012
01 September 2012
14 August 2012
12 August 2012
06 August 2012
20 July 2012
20 July 2012
04 July 2012
17 June 2012
16 June 2012
15 June 2012
08 May 2012
24 April 2012
27 March 2012

San Blas Day 3

02 January 2010
We went back into town and checked out their Saturday flea market (pretty much like a swap meet at Ventura college but on a much smaller scale). It's raining on and off which feels pretty good (gets the bugs away and washes off some of the bug spray).

We tried to walk to the ruins today in the rain but we were getting too wet so we headed back to town and the Social Club and had a few beers. Poor Laura was hand tallying up sales from New Year's Eve.....had a tape malfunction! The said they have a page on FaceBook and we're on it! Have to check it out.

We head back to the boat and get to watch as a gentleman pulls a horse by panga to the opposite shore while his dogs are swimming across. Something new we haven't seen! And then he pulls out his saddle from the boat, saddles up and uses the horse to pull the panga up on shore! The dogs meanwhile are fighting a 4knot current and trying to swim ashore still. Cool! Jim gave me the Jeannine get up here....and the current sight to see is a fishing boat grounded itself pulling out. Jim said it was a hard one too. It took them a while, unloading water, switching weights and another ponga to push them off the bottom. Lots to watch here in the estuary.
Comments
Vessel Name: CharAnn
Vessel Make/Model: Newport 41s
Hailing Port: Newport, NY
Crew: Jim & Jeannine
About: We'll be spending our 2nd season cruising the Sea of Cortez. We had a great 1st full NY season from snow to snow! We can't wait to see what's in store for us this winter.
Extra:
Just so everyone is less confused, Jim is Phil & Phil is Jim. Jim is Jim in the boating community and with his family and long-time friends but he's Phil to me and my family and friends in NY. Though the boating community wishes he'd stick with Phil (there's too many Jim's and we haven't met one [...]

Who: Jim & Jeannine
Port: Newport, NY