Living the Dream

14 October 2012
10 October 2012
22 September 2012
10 September 2012
01 September 2012
14 August 2012
12 August 2012
06 August 2012
20 July 2012
20 July 2012
04 July 2012
17 June 2012
16 June 2012
15 June 2012
08 May 2012
24 April 2012
27 March 2012

La Cruz Day 3

11 January 2010
We listen to the great Banderas Bay net every morning and have found it's quite a challenge to check in! But, we do finally have a place to list our Treasures of the Bilge (have to keep the cruising kitty going).

We went into town and checked in with the Port Captain, then walked around town. I love looking at the homes and buildings. Sometimes when you look in a door or window to check out what's inside, you actually looked into someone's living room or bedroom! Really funny!

You have to really careful walking in Mexico. You have to watch where you step so you don't twist your ankle or fall in a hole or step in do do. The problem with looking down all the time is that you need to watch out for your head! Roof lines, AC units, signs and other things hang out over some of the walkways. I've been nailed by an AC unit (won't wear THAT hat again) and Jim's had to duck down under trimmed greenery (trimmed for the height of an average Mexican 5'7). It all just adds to the adventure!

We got a few veggies and things (of course more pastries) before heading back to the boat. We finished up our Treasures of the Bilge transaction with Mike on Sunshine Lady and visited with him for awhile. We swam a bit and Jim tried casting for awhile (he really wants another fish) before heading back to Dock 10 for a dock party.

We had lots of great food and met more of Wally & Linda's friends before sneaking off to use the marina showers!

Travelling by dinghy at night is always interesting. At least this time I did remember to gauge where we were (between the 3rd and 4th red channel markers). Try to see a dark-hulled boat at night in a bay of boats when you don't know exactly where it is! But we made it and to bed we went!
Comments
Vessel Name: CharAnn
Vessel Make/Model: Newport 41s
Hailing Port: Newport, NY
Crew: Jim & Jeannine
About: We'll be spending our 2nd season cruising the Sea of Cortez. We had a great 1st full NY season from snow to snow! We can't wait to see what's in store for us this winter.
Extra:
Just so everyone is less confused, Jim is Phil & Phil is Jim. Jim is Jim in the boating community and with his family and long-time friends but he's Phil to me and my family and friends in NY. Though the boating community wishes he'd stick with Phil (there's too many Jim's and we haven't met one [...]

Who: Jim & Jeannine
Port: Newport, NY