Living the Dream

14 October 2012
10 October 2012
22 September 2012
10 September 2012
01 September 2012
14 August 2012
12 August 2012
06 August 2012
20 July 2012
20 July 2012
04 July 2012
17 June 2012
16 June 2012
15 June 2012
08 May 2012
24 April 2012
27 March 2012

La Cruz Day 8

16 January 2010 | N20 46.115 W105 22.609
Happy B-Day to me! Put a load of laundry in (the ice chest!) to soak for the day and did dishes and filled the water tanks.

We had breakfast at the yacht club with Don & Judy. We watched the dredger moving along the marina. This is a self-powered model where the backhoe on one end pulls it forward while the bucket on the other end is the rudder. It is quite a site to see! We also got to see how the ponga that was tied up to it was pushed by the bucket to the other side of the channel. It was really funny (wish I had the camera with me).

Got the bus to Bucerias where a festival is starting today. We walked the beach side of the town for a while, looking at all the things for sale. There was quite a bit of Huichol Indian bead stuff for sale (should have taken a picture - I'm getting lazy). One shop had a window full of day of the dead dolls, interesting to see a window full of those fashionistas! We sat in a restaurant on the beach and had a few beers and ceviche. A local cat was hanging around (shared some of our ceviche) and started playing with the zipper pulls on the back pack. Cute!

After the nice relaxing morning we headed back to the marina (instead of taking yet another bus to continue going to Mega for supplies as we had intended this morning). We switched out the load of laundry, another load in while the other was hung on the life lines and rails to dry. Off we went to Philo's.

We had a few beers at Philo's and hung out listening to the jukebox that was playing while the band set up. Don, Judy & Rob with Dennis on Dolce Vita came in later. The band started playing and we had to go dance! I didn't think I was going to be able to dance much after walking around all morning and due to the fact that the last boogie-woogying made my back really sore for days! I was wrong of course! Don & Judy got the band to play Happy Birthday for me!

We also got to see a great salsa routine by two of the employees during a break. They were absolutely fabulous! Philo's has salsa lessons by those two if anyone is interested! Needless to say, we closed Philo's!
Comments
Vessel Name: CharAnn
Vessel Make/Model: Newport 41s
Hailing Port: Newport, NY
Crew: Jim & Jeannine
About: We'll be spending our 2nd season cruising the Sea of Cortez. We had a great 1st full NY season from snow to snow! We can't wait to see what's in store for us this winter.
Extra:
Just so everyone is less confused, Jim is Phil & Phil is Jim. Jim is Jim in the boating community and with his family and long-time friends but he's Phil to me and my family and friends in NY. Though the boating community wishes he'd stick with Phil (there's too many Jim's and we haven't met one [...]

Who: Jim & Jeannine
Port: Newport, NY