Living the Dream

14 October 2012
10 October 2012
22 September 2012
10 September 2012
01 September 2012
14 August 2012
12 August 2012
06 August 2012
20 July 2012
20 July 2012
04 July 2012
17 June 2012
16 June 2012
15 June 2012
08 May 2012
24 April 2012
27 March 2012

Competition in Mazatlan

29 March 2010
Another great day here in Isla Marina. We started out the first part of our day with a chat with Neill but sadly no breakfast at the red place as it's Sunday and no net (you know when it's Sunday at least). Weather reports are looking good for the run north with southerlies coming (we don't much care if it's east or west as long as it's south) and possible departure on Tuesday. With that in mind, we've decided to add a couple more days stay here in the marina instead of going back to the old harbor (8 + miles south of here just to have to come back up again).

Then we moved on to filtering out a jerry can of diesel which got salt water in it (another story from another project day.....suffice it to say that Jim had to fish out a semi-full jerry can with the top open out of the drink). Twice through the water filter and twice through the baja filter....best diesel to be found anywhere!

A little more quick caulking on the port toe rail (temporary leakage protection).....

And then it was time for the horseshoe competition! Last Sunday, I somehow, with my partner Melissa of Tortue, managed to acquire the championship title after beating the guys! How that happened, I just don't know since I haven't thrown any shoes in quite a few years.....maybe not since the Ventura cruiser gathering at Prisoners sooooo long ago.

Did we retain our titles? Oh jeez no! The guys were on fire today, especially Neill! Jim seemed to get in the groove and was nailing ringers as well. Lots of people showed up at the palapa tonight and lots of challengers but Neill remained the champ all nite long.

We also met up with Mark of Charlotte Ann who we contacted in La Cruz. We had to find out who the Charlotte Ann was since our Char Ann is based on Charlette (my mom) and Ann (Jim's mom). Turn's out Mark's is his mom as well. What a cosmic meeting! We would have bet serious money that our boat name was pretty darn unique and here we have a Charlotte Ann hailing Char Ann! Funny huh?

Briefly chatted with Eva on South Trail. Doesn't look good for us to hook up this season as they are in San Blas awaiting the same weather window as us. Guess we'll just have to have lots of extra visit time next season! And it appears we may miss out on visiting with Rick & Karen on Eyes to the World unless they catch up to us in the Sea as they are in La Cruz right now. What can we say......looks like our timing was just off this year!
Comments
Vessel Name: CharAnn
Vessel Make/Model: Newport 41s
Hailing Port: Newport, NY
Crew: Jim & Jeannine
About: We'll be spending our 2nd season cruising the Sea of Cortez. We had a great 1st full NY season from snow to snow! We can't wait to see what's in store for us this winter.
Extra:
Just so everyone is less confused, Jim is Phil & Phil is Jim. Jim is Jim in the boating community and with his family and long-time friends but he's Phil to me and my family and friends in NY. Though the boating community wishes he'd stick with Phil (there's too many Jim's and we haven't met one [...]

Who: Jim & Jeannine
Port: Newport, NY