Living the Dream

14 October 2012
10 October 2012
22 September 2012
10 September 2012
01 September 2012
14 August 2012
12 August 2012
06 August 2012
20 July 2012
20 July 2012
04 July 2012
17 June 2012
16 June 2012
15 June 2012
08 May 2012
24 April 2012
27 March 2012

Bahia Concepcion 5

14 April 2010
Margaret and Julius of Zeeba stopped by this morning to exchange books with us. We were glad they did because they said that Marina Seca in Guaymas still had spots in storage as of a few days ago. It's the cheapest storage around so we're really glad to hear that.

A couple on another dinghy stopped by and asked about the hot springs. We told them we hadn't found them yet. They are camping over in Santispac. We'll stop by to see them when we go over to the restaurant.

We went ashore to find the hot springs! We could really use a soak. Well we did find them (with the help of a local paddling by). They said the hurricanes really wiped out there pools and they have to redo them. So unfortunately the soak is just for our feet! A local yelled down from her house that it was 172 degrees at the source so be careful! And do the shuffle because they have sting rays, though we did not see one ray. The fish are close by watching you from under the grass and if you're still enough they come pretty darn close. I wonder where they hide once all the grass dies out? The warm water from the hot springs makes it very tropical for them.

Outboard is not working great. Took over a dozen starts to get us across to the other side. Good thing it's the end of the season. We walk over and discover that Anna's is closed on Wednesdays! Of course it is! And the campers (Steve and Barbara from California) aren't at their site. So we walk along the beach and talk to a few of the other campers. Jim found someone to sell him a pack of smokes (lucky guy) and then we bought a Tshirt for Jim from one of the vendors who works from vehicles.

After strolling the beaches we saw Steve and Barbara were back so we stopped and had a few drinks with them and chatted. Steve gave Jim an idea about the outboard so hopefully that will be the problem (need a new part). And we told them where to find the hot springs though they aren't much right now.

We made it back after a few pulls on the outboard (thank god the wind was with us on the way back).
Comments
Vessel Name: CharAnn
Vessel Make/Model: Newport 41s
Hailing Port: Newport, NY
Crew: Jim & Jeannine
About: We'll be spending our 2nd season cruising the Sea of Cortez. We had a great 1st full NY season from snow to snow! We can't wait to see what's in store for us this winter.
Extra:
Just so everyone is less confused, Jim is Phil & Phil is Jim. Jim is Jim in the boating community and with his family and long-time friends but he's Phil to me and my family and friends in NY. Though the boating community wishes he'd stick with Phil (there's too many Jim's and we haven't met one [...]

Who: Jim & Jeannine
Port: Newport, NY