Living the Dream

14 October 2012
10 October 2012
22 September 2012
10 September 2012
01 September 2012
14 August 2012
12 August 2012
06 August 2012
20 July 2012
20 July 2012
04 July 2012
17 June 2012
16 June 2012
15 June 2012
08 May 2012
24 April 2012
27 March 2012

Bahia Concepcion to Guaymas

15 April 2010
Pulled anchor around 10 and started sailing out of the bay. Supposed to be relatively calm winds and flats seas today and tonight but it's pretty windy this morning. Unfortunately we can't make any headway near land and after sailling for a few hours, we decide to motor up and get out in the middle and then get back to sailing.

Happy tax day everyone!

Another day for the jib to come down! What is with the crossing going east? I'm going to start thinking the east bound trips are jinxed. But at least it was during the day AND we had just one more line left to replace the halyard with, without having to go up the mast. We're very happy about not going up the mast in general but definitely NOT at sea!

We have very little moon tonight for our crossing but the luminessence is just so pretty. We have a beautiful trail behind us as well as wake from the bow. Lucky us! A dolphin came during the night and jumped up a couple of times and then swam under the bow for a while. I had to wake Jim to see it. So pretty with all the glow!

4/16

We followed a tanker into Guaymas as the port captain did not answer any of our hails on VHF. We toured around to see the south anchorage near where Marina Seca storage should be and then decided to do the anchorage near to town. This place is shallow.....anywhere from 8 to 12 feet. We're getting used to that spooky feeling.

There's only one other boat anchored over here near the navy dock and he's pulling out and getting a slip at the nearby Singlar Marina. We're going to stay out here for tonight and go in to town to check things out this afternoon.

We stopped by the marina office to check for availability (which there was) and walked into town to get a few things then headed back to the boat.
Comments
Vessel Name: CharAnn
Vessel Make/Model: Newport 41s
Hailing Port: Newport, NY
Crew: Jim & Jeannine
About: We'll be spending our 2nd season cruising the Sea of Cortez. We had a great 1st full NY season from snow to snow! We can't wait to see what's in store for us this winter.
Extra:
Just so everyone is less confused, Jim is Phil & Phil is Jim. Jim is Jim in the boating community and with his family and long-time friends but he's Phil to me and my family and friends in NY. Though the boating community wishes he'd stick with Phil (there's too many Jim's and we haven't met one [...]

Who: Jim & Jeannine
Port: Newport, NY