Living the Dream

14 October 2012
10 October 2012
22 September 2012
10 September 2012
01 September 2012
14 August 2012
12 August 2012
06 August 2012
20 July 2012
20 July 2012
04 July 2012
17 June 2012
16 June 2012
15 June 2012
08 May 2012
24 April 2012
27 March 2012

All Good Plans.....changing with the wind

27 January 2011
Well we had planned to cross from Esenada Julio Villa and go to Santa Rosalia. But you know how plans change with the wind! Well we had too much wind and too much from the west so we had to adjust our route. We were going way too fast (surfing down waves at 9 knots even with the main reefed) and passed halfway by midnight. So I told Jim that either we're going to be 10 miles south of Concepcion (our adjusted go to destination) or we'd better slow the hell down. So we slowed down and hit the point of Concepcion by dawn.

Motoring was a challenge as we never seem to have the correct path in so we get uncomfortably shallow but we made it to our favorite anchor spot. We anchored next to Leonard on Vallee Cachee.

A few days in Concepcion with a nice hitch hike into Mulegee (my first hitch hike at 43). Once there we saw some of the other sailors and ended up going on their schedule (lunch & provisioning) so we didn't get to run around and check out the town as much as we would have liked. Maybe another time. We also cannot say enough good things about the campers at Santispac. We were able to trade out water bottles with a camper who was going to get water on 2 for 1 day. What nice people!

As we left Concepcion we finally got the right path and it was so nice to be in deep water!

I'm sorry my picture for Concepcion is so uninspired this time.
Comments
Vessel Name: CharAnn
Vessel Make/Model: Newport 41s
Hailing Port: Newport, NY
Crew: Jim & Jeannine
About: We'll be spending our 2nd season cruising the Sea of Cortez. We had a great 1st full NY season from snow to snow! We can't wait to see what's in store for us this winter.
Extra:
Just so everyone is less confused, Jim is Phil & Phil is Jim. Jim is Jim in the boating community and with his family and long-time friends but he's Phil to me and my family and friends in NY. Though the boating community wishes he'd stick with Phil (there's too many Jim's and we haven't met one [...]

Who: Jim & Jeannine
Port: Newport, NY