Living the Dream

14 October 2012
10 October 2012
22 September 2012
10 September 2012
01 September 2012
14 August 2012
12 August 2012
06 August 2012
20 July 2012
20 July 2012
04 July 2012
17 June 2012
16 June 2012
15 June 2012
08 May 2012
24 April 2012
27 March 2012

La Paz is so good to us

20 February 2011
La Paz has been so good to us. Nancy & Greg (Festima Lente) has towed us into the docks a few times. No one has messed with our dinghy when we've paddled into the beach and left it while we've provisioned for hours.

We managed to sell lots of things at the swap meet and then we sold the outboard (Jim was just over fixing it) so we have money for another outboard if we can find one. We got a few good things for the boat there (including great german made sausage dogs-- Yum) and a few beads for me.

Magic came to our assistance when we put a call out for the lower gulf Cunningham guide and all we owe them is a popcorn night out at the anchorages sometime, somewhere. How nice is that?

Then Mark & Michelle on Cheers came to our aide when we were looking for a secondary anchor to replace the one we lost in Ballandra (nothing good at the swap meet). They gave us a 20lb danforth and didn't want anything in return (so of course I gave them a couple of bookmarks). They are heading across the pond next year. We hope to see them up north before we head out.

And I got to do a little bit of crafting time with Kim from Doin' It. She and James are leaving for the Marguesas, jumping off from Cabo San Lucas. She was showed how to make bags and holders from plastic bags but was having a hard time remembering how to do it. It felt good to get her back in gear so she had projects for the long crossing (and James will be happy to get rid of the poundage of plastic bags! HA!).

I even got to do a little bead trade with Sherry on Tigger. It's definitely been a good crafty season for me. I've made about 50 of the 300 wedding favors for my niece for THIS spring. I think I need to up my 2 a day goal!
Comments
Vessel Name: CharAnn
Vessel Make/Model: Newport 41s
Hailing Port: Newport, NY
Crew: Jim & Jeannine
About: We'll be spending our 2nd season cruising the Sea of Cortez. We had a great 1st full NY season from snow to snow! We can't wait to see what's in store for us this winter.
Extra:
Just so everyone is less confused, Jim is Phil & Phil is Jim. Jim is Jim in the boating community and with his family and long-time friends but he's Phil to me and my family and friends in NY. Though the boating community wishes he'd stick with Phil (there's too many Jim's and we haven't met one [...]

Who: Jim & Jeannine
Port: Newport, NY