THE SEA CALLS TO US

This is the story of our family as we prepare to set sail.

13 February 2010 | Dallas, Texas
14 January 2010 | Dallas, Texas
24 September 2009 | Dallas, Texas

Searching...

14 January 2010 | Dallas, Texas
Well, it's been a while since I updated. In the past couple of months we have cut a ton of our utilities and expenses of living in a house. The extra money is going straight to our cruising kitty! Now we are researching coastal cities that we could move to while we pop out a couple more babies, save more money and come up with an ongoing way to make money while at sea, and of course-learn to sail! For some reason I have my heart set on Melbourne, FA. Anyone have any thoughts on it? I've actually never been but done a lot of research on it. It seems to have a little of everything we want and seems to be more affordable than a lot of other coastal towns. Does anyone else have any other ideas?
We'd like to start out with a home base so that we could learn how to sail and take regular trips before leaving for good. I know, some would say to just do it, but since we're a family I think we better take the more steps approach. Plus, I do NOT want to have babies in a foreign country! haha So the plan is to have all kids here, get experience, and of course SAVE MONEY all in a coastal town.
If anyone has any other plans or ideas, please email me or comment below. We'd love any advice that could help us.
Comments
Vessel Name: Don't have one yet!
Crew: Matt, Bethany, Meadow, & Bentley
About: We are a young family that wants to live a simple life filled with adventure and meaning. We hope to accomplish this by becoming cruisers. So far we are saving every penny and we try to do one thing everyday towards the goal of setting sail!
Extra:
Matt is a huge video game player, World of Warcraft anyone? He also supports our little family by negotiating contracts for hospitals and suppliers. Bethany was a designer for a major retail brand and is now staying home with Meadow while working on her own business http://www.bentley-company.com/. [...]

ABOUT OUR FAMILY

Who: Matt, Bethany, Meadow, & Bentley