Carried Away

29 April 2015 | Simpson Bay Lagoon
16 April 2015 | Cruz Bay
13 April 2015 | St Thomas
11 April 2015
10 April 2015 | Dewey
07 April 2015 | PR
01 April 2015 | Salinas, PR
24 March 2015 | Ponce Yaucht Club
18 March 2015 | PR
13 March 2015
09 March 2015 | DR
20 February 2015
16 February 2015
14 February 2015
13 February 2015
12 February 2015
28 January 2015
26 January 2015

Bocas del Toro 2

04 April 2013 | South side of island
Hot and still
Was on the North side of the island but moved to South side to be close to wifi (can actually pick it up on the boat). Here is close to Bocas Marina where local cruiser hang out also. Only about 400' to marina. Sure wish I had taken my cruising friend, Ben, up on making a wifi receiver though.

There are considerably more people who speak English here. I think as a result of the Panama Canal influence.

This is a small town with only three main streets. People here commute via water taxi from surrounding islands. It's very odd looking to see these panga like boats zipping around with 10 to 20 people sitting in them like a bus.

Went to town Sunday afternoon and found a city block where vendors were selling their wares. There was also a boxing rink set up by the local fireman where local teenagers sparred. After watching several bouts there was this loud screaming and carrying on. Looked up and a huge fat lady was walking around the outside perimeter of the ring just carrying on like crazy. First thing you note us the huge pendulous boobs bouncing as she is walking. When she walks away you notice there is nothing on her whatsoever. She was so big that the only things showing were her boobs and very large rolls of fat covering her privates. Was kinda gross. A local guy said she is married and does this about every week. Just a tad bit touched.

Found a guy that gave a great haircut for $5. Sure feel better.

Went to a water color class at the outside bar at the marina this morning. Was very fun.

Planning on leaving for Providencia Wednesday the 10th weather permitting. Will be a long 245nm trip without Mr. Auto. Oh well, you do what you gotta do.

Hope to go from there to Rio Dulce then Belize where my son, Nathan will be joining me May 15th for two weeks. Then my friends Bill Wickham and Peter Robinson will come to Belize May 22nd or about for two weeks also. Nathan will fly back from Isla Mujeres and Wick and Peter will continue on to Pensacola with me. I am really looking forward to these visits.
Comments
Vessel Name: Carried Away
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 432 (Moorings 1989)
Hailing Port: Pensacola, FL
Crew: Stan Carver and Ruby Scarbough
Home Page: carriedaway

sv Carried Away

Who: Stan Carver and Ruby Scarbough
Port: Pensacola, FL