Carried Away

29 April 2015 | Simpson Bay Lagoon
16 April 2015 | Cruz Bay
13 April 2015 | St Thomas
11 April 2015
10 April 2015 | Dewey
07 April 2015 | PR
01 April 2015 | Salinas, PR
24 March 2015 | Ponce Yaucht Club
18 March 2015 | PR
13 March 2015
09 March 2015 | DR
20 February 2015
16 February 2015
14 February 2015
13 February 2015
12 February 2015
28 January 2015
26 January 2015

Luperon cont.

13 March 2015
Stan
We have had a great time getting to know the people and some of the island. Wednesday we went with fellow cruisers inland to a water park. Was awesome! Walked up a mountain to the beginning of 12 waterfalls. Slid down some and jumped over others into deep pools. Finished the tour with the first buffet since leaving the states. Ruby unfortunately had to sit that excursion out because she had just had her hair braided and couldn't wear the required helmet.

We rented a motorcycle for the next two days. Unbelievably cheap at $12/day. It had been about 30 years since operating one but we managed. Off we went on a couple hundred kilometer mile exploration. Went to Imbert then Punta Plato and back to Luperon. Was a very senic drive down country roads through farming and ranching areas. The locals are very friendly but it sure has been a handicap not knowing much Spanish.

In Puerta Plato the cycle was having starting problems and died right in an intersection. A local came over an pushed it across the street and said he would fix. So we left it with him to have lunch. When we came back it was in about 200 pieces. All I could think is oh shit this is going to be expensive. Two guys working for three hours and parts was only about $60 US. Still don't know if we got conned or not. Oh well, dumb American tourists. It's just an adventure and we always have a great time communicating with the Dominicans.

We also got to stop at several of the roadside vendors to sample their treats. Bought some pineapples, mangoes and avacodos. Everything here is so cheap compared with the Bahamas an Turks and Caicos. Everything here is organic locally grown and with no import charges added on.

When we arrived back in Luperon one of the locals said to us "you have Dominican tattoos. What he was referring to was the burns on our calves from the exhaust on the motor honchos.
Will probably leave for Ocean World to get fuel and water Sunday then Monday hit the Mona Passage for PR. We are finally expecting favorable winds for heading East and South.

Trying to find an adaptor from camera to ipad. Have many photos to upload.
Comments
Vessel Name: Carried Away
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 432 (Moorings 1989)
Hailing Port: Pensacola, FL
Crew: Stan Carver and Ruby Scarbough
Home Page: carriedaway

sv Carried Away

Who: Stan Carver and Ruby Scarbough
Port: Pensacola, FL