Time Warp

19 December 2011 | Seattle, Washington
19 November 2011 | Seattle, WA
28 September 2011 | Oak Harbor, WA
05 August 2011 | Oak Harbor, WA
01 August 2011 | Oak Harbor, WA
23 July 2011 | Oak Harbor Marina, Oak Harbor, WA
18 July 2011 | Oak Harbor Marina
15 July 2011 | Oak Harbor Marina
10 July 2011 | 350 nm off Cape Flattery
07 July 2011 | Somewhere out in the Big Pond
01 July 2011 | 37N; 153W
01 July 2011 | 36N; 155W
28 June 2011 | 29N; 157W
25 June 2011 | Poor Boyz Yacht Club, Ala Wai Yacht Harbor, Honolulu
22 June 2011 | Ala Wai Yacht Harbor, Honolulu, Hawaii
21 June 2011 | Lahaina, Maui
11 June 2011 | 20.5N; 151W
11 June 2011 | 18.5N; 148W
11 June 2011 | 18.5N; 144W

Ya Gotta Love It!!

24 August 2009 | Methoni, Greece
Peter
Will and I arrived yesterday afternoon after a relatively pleasant delivery from Sicily. We had the kite flying most of the way, and that was fun.

In just 24 hours, I have fallen in love with Greece. I don't know if it is the lower cost of this place compared to Italy and Spain, or the laid back attitudes of the place, or the beautifully enchanting anchorage we are in. I think the real reason is because both Will and I feel like we "have arrived"...like we have found the promised land. This last delivery that we just completed should be our last overniter for some time. After this, it should be mostly just day hops. We were soooo excited to make landfall yesterday for this very reason!

I think I have finally hit "island time". On the way both to and from the grocery store today, I stopped to smell and admire local flowers and trees. I never would do that in Seattle! I was always running too hard and fast. But here I am taking things a LOT slower...and it feels great!

As for the grocery stores -- or "supermarkets", as they call them -- what a hype! These are nothing like the supermarkets in America, but more like a 7-11!! The stores are much, much smaller -- about the size of a 7-11. Selection is much more limited. Milk and eggs are not refrigerated. But the meats and especially the cheeses are all top notch! We have been feasting on some great local cheeses and breads.

I think cruising the Greek isles will be a lot like the San Juans. Not so much in how they look, but more in darting between islands and anchorages. It should be lots of fun.

We had a little "event" this afternoon when the guy anchored closest to us started yelling and raising a ruckus. We looked around at the reason and discovered that Will's knot on the dinghy had given way and our little dinghy was floating off! Yikes! I dove into the water and did my best Michael Phelps imitation to catch up with it! Thank you, Mr. German!

We have 5 day hops of 30-40 nm each to get us to Athens to meet up with Ruth. We are both pretty sure it is going to take the girl a while to adjust to boat life. But we are also very confident she will make the adjustment wonderfully -- mostly cuz this place is out of this world!!!
Comments
Vessel Name: Time Warp
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45.2
Hailing Port: Seattle, WA
Crew: Peter, Ruth & Will
About:
Seattle-based crew out for 3-4 years. We'll start in the Med in Spring, 2009, visit the Caribbean, Panama Canal, So. Pacific, and eventually end up in Oz. After that? Who knows! Peter is an avid sailor and world-class racer. Ruth is learning to sail, and Will is a very good youth sailor. [...]

Who: Peter, Ruth & Will
Port: Seattle, WA