Annalee

The Tomlin-Davies crew - sailing around the med.

26 August 2016 | El Masnou
24 August 2016 | El Masnou
22 August 2016 | Santa Teresa Di Gallura
20 August 2016 | Porto Palma - Maddalena
19 August 2016 | Cala Coda Cavallo
17 August 2016 | Taormina
15 August 2016 | Taormina
12 August 2016 | Santa Maria De Leuca
11 August 2016 | Capo Otranto
09 August 2016 | ACI Marina Dubrovnik - Still!
07 August 2016 | ACI Marina Dubrovnik
07 August 2016 | ACI Marina Dubrovnik
06 August 2016 | ACI Marina Dubrovnik

Arrival in Sicily

15 August 2016 | Taormina
Millie (& Skipper) NW5, sunny, moderate sea - now completely calm.
Hello it is I, Millie with a bit of help from Captain Daddy as I didn't see much of this day
Today began with the end of yesterday's night sail.
For me today the day began at approximately 11am where someone turned on the engine and awoke me. We were cruising along 7 knots (however Able-Seaman Mummy informs us last night we were ‘flying at 9 knots in pitch black.’’
Within three hours of waking up we had anchored and were ready to move any second to grab a morning buoy, 3,600 seconds later we were on a morning buoy and I was eating breakfast (it was about 4ish). Straight after was lunch and then I was allowed to finally allowed to go swimming. Somewhere in in between all of this I cleaned the windows (apparently I did quite well!). The crew (-someone, guess who it was) swam all the way across the bay and to some steps with a little seating area. First Mate Millie went ahead while filming on the Go-Pro (at the time she thought she was quite good at it however she was later informed the video mainly included her legs again). Able-Seaman Will and Able-Seaman Mummy followed (not so) closely behind as First Mate Millie was racing ahead rather inconsiderately.
I would just like to take a second to say today I saw the scariest thing ever… a spider crab!🦀 I know, everyone calm down I survived but be careful as Daddy has informed me this is a real, tasty animal which just so happens to be the SCARIEST THING IVE EVER SEEN.

When we had finished the First Mate stayed in the water while both Able-Seaman got out to have a shower.
Later in the evening a close, competitive game of Cluedo was played (Able-Seaman Will won) and we ate a yummy stir fry. After we played another game of Cluedo (the favourite crew member won) and drank chocolate milkshakes and got ready for bed. Tonight it is only 9:30pm and we are about to settle down as we had a busy two days of sailing.
Good Night from all of the crew here on yacht Annalee.
Emoji of the day🕷🦀

Note from the skipper:
We departed Sta. Maria de Leuca on Sunday morning having undertaken a tricky refuelling manoeuvre due to the gusty winds blowing across the refuelling pontoon. The trip started with a very brisk NW force 5 breeze blowing directly onto our beam so we were both heeling to the breeze and being rolled by the waves. However, we managed to get the sails up and sped along at nearly 8 knots. We managed to sail for most of the day averaging just under 8kts. As evening came, the wind, and sea calmed down and we ate chicken curry as the sun set ahead of us. The night passage was relatively uneventful with the odd fishing vessel to dodge. Mel and Will took the 21:00-02:00 watch and the skipper took the 02:00-07:00 stint. Dawn found us having made good progress towards Sicily we had a spectacular view of mount Etna as we approached the island. By this time, the wind had once again picked up and we were again sailing reaching 9kts this time.
We arrived into our anchorage and tied up to a mooring buoy by the town of Taormina (apparently the site of one of the oldest Greek settlements outside of mainland Greece). The town is perched on cliffs and a very steep slope above our anchorage. We plan to go up Mt Etna tomorrow – hopefully we will reach the crater (and even more hopefully – return!). As I write this we are surrounded by spectacular firework displays up and down the coast line as it’s some kind of big national holiday.
Comments
Vessel Name: Annalee
Vessel Make/Model: Halberg Rassy 43
Hailing Port: Southampton, UK
Crew: Si, Mel, Will and Millie
Annalee's Photos - Main
Pictures from the Summer 2016 Cruise
34 Photos
Created 7 August 2016
Pics from earlier cruises
12 Photos
Created 6 August 2016