Tommy Bahama

Vessel Name: Cheeseburger
Vessel Make/Model: 46' CREEKMORE
Hailing Port: New London, CT
Crew: Bob,Tom,Mike,Holly
About: Salty from a run out of the North Atlantic to port for a few days in Norfolk, va.
Extra: Catching up on some sleep, showers , good food and visiting my son and his family before setting out again tomorrow.
02 December 2008 | Long Key
14 November 2008
Recent Blog Posts
02 December 2008 | Long Key

Currently mid way down Keys. The past few weeks have been interesting. after leaving Portsmouth Va.on Nov. 7th we went inside the ICW and stopped in Coinjock, N.C. for the night. Three days later we were in Beaufort, N.C. Weather kept us anchored for 5 days until the 16th. Continued down the ICW for 3 days until we reached Charleston, S.C. Stayed in Charleston for 3 days again due to bad weather. Went outside for a three day sail to West Palm Beach , Fl.and arrived on Thanksgivingnight. no turkey but we caught a 15 lb Spanish mackreloff the stern. Saw lots of sea life...turtles, dolphins and a whale spout. ASpent three days at anchor while Bob visited with his duaghter, Kirsten. Took care of laundry, groceries,and prepared to leave. Anchor let go on Sat. am in a 40 kt storm but we managed to get it up , and spent Sat. night at the Sailfish Marina. Watched Gonzaga beat Tennessee in the finalof the Old Spice Tournament. After breakfast we left on Monday am and have been sailing day and night down the hawk Channel through the Keys. As I write this we are approaching Key West and will jump off into the Caribbean tonight. Blustery weather but warm. All is well.

14 November 2008

Been in Beaufort since Monday. Nice town. Lots of history, particularly the Revolutionary and Civil

14 November 2008
Been in Beaufort since Monday. Nice town. Lots of history, particularly the Revolutionary and Civil
war . This is where the pirate Blackbeard maintaine a home until the English captured him and hung him in Virginia. I have been on shore all week andtonight met up with Bob for dinner. Had a steak and a few beers at a nice restaurant. Clearly this is a jumping off point for mariners and boats traversing the intercoastal. If the weather clears, we will be leaving for Charleston, SC on Sunday morning. Right now the weather is warm but very windy and rainy. More to come later.
Comments

About & Links