Travels with Annita

20 December 2017
19 December 2017
18 December 2017
17 December 2017
16 December 2017
15 December 2017
14 December 2017
13 December 2017
12 December 2017
05 December 2017
04 December 2017
03 December 2017
02 December 2017
01 December 2017
30 November 2017
28 November 2017
25 November 2017

Bahia Los Frailes

28 November 2017
We headed out of Los Cabos marina around 11am, after Chance- the captain of Steadfast, a big fishing boat - topped up our water tanks with fresh drinking water from his osmosis filtered tanks. Leaving the marina, we spotted Sea Casa on the way out too. With the choppy waves, we soon caught them and had a quick chat - between yells we learned they were headed to Frailes too. It was a choppy and rolly ride all the way around the east side of the cape, and then north towards Frailes. The going was slow, with a few waves even breaking over the bow. We hadn't shut all the hatches because we wanted some ventilation in the cabin, and one wave crashed through the hatch dousing our fresh laundry, waking Rory up with sea water to the face.

We pulled into Los Frailes, and found a pretty busy anchorage. We squeezed in between two boats and dropped the anchor.

The next day we woke up to see pangas roaring up onto the beach after a night of fishing. The method of this delicate operation consisted of timing the waves well and charging at full throttle, launching the boat clear of the surf and onto the dry sand, high upon the beach. The boys from Sea Casa - Connor and Chase - paddled over and told us they were getting a ride with an old friend over to Cabo Pulmo, where we were keen to go driving. A few hours later we all piled into the back of Jerry's truck, and he drove us the down the dirt road to town. It was great to see all the inland vegetation - this side of Baja is much more lush than the Pacific. We snorkeled from the beach out to the rock reef - although visibility was pretty low, the large number of fish and big orange coral heads made up for it. After our snorkel, we had tacos at the beach side palapa restaurant and a nice walk on the beach. We met back up with Jerry who gave us a ride back to Frailes, and then had the boys over for dinner that night.
Comments
Vessel Name: Annita
Vessel Make/Model: Hallberg_Rassy 41
Hailing Port: Richmond, CA
Crew: Chris Baker, Rory Baker, Naomi Baker, Emily McBride
Annita's Photos - Main
Travels with Annita, picures Nov 18th to Dec 20th 2017
44 Photos
Created 25 December 2017
48 Photos
Created 30 October 2017