Travels with Annita

20 December 2017
19 December 2017
18 December 2017
17 December 2017
16 December 2017
15 December 2017
14 December 2017
13 December 2017
12 December 2017
05 December 2017
04 December 2017
03 December 2017
02 December 2017
01 December 2017
30 November 2017
28 November 2017
25 November 2017

Candelero Bay

03 December 2017
Rory sliced off the end of a broom handle and started whittling it into a cedar plug. It was not long before he had finished it, an almost exact replica of Sea Casa's cedar plug. We will have to see if he gets the same great results.
We swam and Rory was swinging off a halyard like Tarzan and dropping into the sea. Wanting more swing from the boat, Rory rigged up the spinnaker pole and we all had fun standing on the bow and swinging out on a halyard attached to the end of the pole. Connor and Chase couldn't resist it and came over, developing some fairly intricate spinning aerial maneuvers before hitting the water.
In the evening we took the dinghy to the south end of the beach and tried to find the trail that was shown in two of our pilot books. There was no sign, so we all started to scramble up the southern arroyo, parallel to the arroyo we had climbed up the day before. Rory raced ahead, with the others following, but this was too difficult for me so I climbed up the side of the arroyo to get a view of the boats in the bay and watch the sun beginning to turn from orange to red, low on the horizon behind them. After a half mile of leaping, Rory and the others came back to join me as the sun began to set and we made our way back to the boat watching small black crabs each with one enormous red claw race to the safety of their holes in the sand, menacingly waving their claws at us from the entrances.

Connor and Chase came over for dinner, and we told them that with the northerly storm predicted we were thinking of heading back south to La Paz. They wanted to stay at Candelaro - a particularly well protected anchorage and probably the most beautiful we had been to. We compromised with a great plan to take the dinghies to the next door bay where there was a good trail over to the other side of the island. That meant we would leave for La Paz in the afternoon.
Comments
Vessel Name: Annita
Vessel Make/Model: Hallberg_Rassy 41
Hailing Port: Richmond, CA
Crew: Chris Baker, Rory Baker, Naomi Baker, Emily McBride
Annita's Photos - Main
Travels with Annita, picures Nov 18th to Dec 20th 2017
44 Photos
Created 25 December 2017
48 Photos
Created 30 October 2017