Travels with Annita

20 December 2017
19 December 2017
18 December 2017
17 December 2017
16 December 2017
15 December 2017
14 December 2017
13 December 2017
12 December 2017
05 December 2017
04 December 2017
03 December 2017
02 December 2017
01 December 2017
30 November 2017
28 November 2017
25 November 2017

Isla Isabel

15 December 2017
For an anchorage that is only regarded as temporary, we had a very comfortable night. There was significant swell, causing the waves to crash against the rocks beside us, but the wavelength of the swell was too long to make Annita rock and roll.
Connor and Chase arrived in the morning shortly followed by Manatee a large sailboat which will be sailing to Tahiti in March. The owner, Irene, and her husband Chris, the parents of three adolescent boys on the boat, told us that she had grown up on Manatee when it belonged to her mother and father. She came over in her dinghy and gave us a pile of shrimp which she had just got from a local fishing boat, and we gave her one of our fishing lures as they said they had had no luck at all fishing with their cedar plug! She obviously grew up trading and bought us some chocolates as a further trade for our lure.
We swam over to the rocks and snorkeled for about an hour and saw more fish, and more varieties, than we had seen before, even at the other prolific anchorages. We saw parrotfish, guinea-fowl puffers, moorish idols, giant damselfish, spinster wrasse and many others not listed in our detailed, but obviously limited, field guides.
Emily sold her paddle board to Connor who went paddling off around the bay as we began to get ready to leave. It was a sad farewell to Sea Casa, we probably won't see Chase or Connor again as they are heading down to Panama.
Rory can hold his breath for two minutes and swam down 20 feet to rearrange the anchor chain which had wrapped its way around a number of rocks and would have been very tricky to extract otherwise. After all the dire warnings about having to leave your anchor if stuck fast in the rocks it was a happy event, thanks to Rory, to pull it up free and clear as we set off for Puerto Vallarta, our last port of call before the Christmas break.
Comments
Vessel Name: Annita
Vessel Make/Model: Hallberg_Rassy 41
Hailing Port: Richmond, CA
Crew: Chris Baker, Rory Baker, Naomi Baker, Emily McBride
Annita's Photos - Main
Travels with Annita, picures Nov 18th to Dec 20th 2017
44 Photos
Created 25 December 2017
48 Photos
Created 30 October 2017