The Anderson Adventures

12 November 2011
06 November 2011 | Somewhere in the North Atlantic
04 November 2011 | Hupper Island, ME
01 November 2011 | Newport
24 October 2011 | Newport, R.I.
21 October 2011 | Booth Bay Harbor, ME
18 October 2011 | Booth Bay Harbor, Maine
15 October 2011 | Hupper Island
07 October 2010 | Hupper Island
14 June 2010 | Hupper Island
03 March 2010 | Hupper Island
23 December 2009 | Hupper Island
18 December 2009 | Hupper Island
09 November 2009 | Hupper Island
30 September 2009 | Hupper Island
08 September 2009 | Hupper Island
02 September 2009 | Hupper Island, Port Clyde, ME

Our addition finally begins

02 September 2009 | Hupper Island, Port Clyde, ME
Jan
I just can't believe it is September already! Literally summer seems to have only begun 3 weeks ago. Jan took advantage of the delay in starting the project by spending 2 wonderful weeks in California. Visiting our dear friends, attending a Piranha Swimming 25th reunion, celebrating my "California Mom - Rose's" 90th birthday were only some of the highlights. Just spending time with our friends was my main focus and joy! Of course getting to visit our daughter Kristen, in between her responsibilities as a Fire Fighter for Cal Fire was very special, as we are so very proud of her with her commitment and dedication to her chosen profession! Back on the home front, Rob prepared for the arrival of the equipment and materials which officially began on August 19th. He over saw the installation and inspection of our new septic system and the grading and installation of the footings for the 1200 sq ft. addition. Rob's sister and brother-in-law...JoAnne and Jerry and Rob and I spent many days early in August demolishing the breeze way and preparing the workshop to be moved to a new location on the property. All went very smoothly and the weather finally has been terrific for working outside.

Our 1st of 3 lumber deliveries arrived on the 28th and we have been working like little (old) beavers ever since, spreading gravel, measuring, cutting, gluing and stacking the sub flooring and floor joists getting ready for Dana (our local carpenter) who will be heading up the installation of sub flooring. All going according to Rob's plan, we look forward to Alan (our fabulous friend and talented carpenter from California) coming out for a week to begin the actual "raising of the sticks"! Along with Jerry (our brother-in-law) and Mike (our nephew) coming out later in the month. Not that all work and no play is the way to go, we are enjoying spending some time with our island friends...a little wine tasting and many trips into town...Lowes, Viking Lumber, Home Depot and Ace Hardware being among the many places of interest! Be sure to check out our "photo gallery" for some pics of the action.

Triple Stars still sits patiently on her mooring ball in the harbor. We've only had the opportunity a few times to get her out for a sail! A weekend in Booth Bay at our first East Coast Island Packet Rendezvous in July and a very special sail with the Naylor family in August, as we all shared our love, said good bye and laid to rest our dear friend Chuck. In September we look forward to seeing our "old" cruising buddies, Poul and Manfred (from Surf Scooter) and their wives, Birthe and Hanna when they come by for a visit, after we last saw them in Isla Mujeres, Mexico 5 months ago.

Hope you all are having a great summer...enjoying your dreams and living your lives with fair winds, calm seas and beautiful sunsets. Be sure to let us know how you are doing, we so want to keep in touch !
Comments
Vessel Name: Triple Stars
Vessel Make/Model: Island Packet 380
Hailing Port: San Francisco, CA
Crew: Rob & Jan Anderson
About:
Rob & Jan sailed from Sausalito, Ca on October 11, 2007, headed south. Our ultimate destination is down Mexico, Central America to Panama. We will transit the canal end of 2008. We will then travel up towards N. America again, ending in Port Clyde, Maine in spring of 2009. [...]
Extra:
What a journey we have had! We arrived in Port Clyde, Maine in June 2009. A rainy, chilly summer on Hupper Island but thrilled to have completed our journey. We began building the addition onto our summer home which was finished in September 2010. Rennovation of the original house is in the [...]

Who: Rob & Jan Anderson
Port: San Francisco, CA