The Anderson Adventures

12 November 2011
06 November 2011 | Somewhere in the North Atlantic
04 November 2011 | Hupper Island, ME
01 November 2011 | Newport
24 October 2011 | Newport, R.I.
21 October 2011 | Booth Bay Harbor, ME
18 October 2011 | Booth Bay Harbor, Maine
15 October 2011 | Hupper Island
07 October 2010 | Hupper Island
14 June 2010 | Hupper Island
03 March 2010 | Hupper Island
23 December 2009 | Hupper Island
18 December 2009 | Hupper Island
09 November 2009 | Hupper Island
30 September 2009 | Hupper Island
08 September 2009 | Hupper Island
02 September 2009 | Hupper Island, Port Clyde, ME

A little vacation from our

01 June 2008 | Bahia Jiquilisco (he-kee-LEE-skoh), El Salvator
Jan
I told you those 5 days were going to fly. The rain only cooperated the last day, as we have had rain on and off for the past 5 days and nights! The humidity has been pretty high and we could only really work in the mornings on cleaning, washing the walls inside with bleach and water one room at a time, pickling the watermaker, lashing down anything on deck that could fly or be blown and finally stowing the dinghy on deck. We never knew we could sweat so much! Of course while it's raining all the windows and hatches have to be closed, so that only added to the "hot box" below deck. (Oh Jan stop your whining) The good news is we could at least go and cool off in the pool most every afternoon AND everything got done, or at least we hope so. We will find out when we return if the toxic vinegar/bleach solution kept out the mold! We had a great last evening with Terri & Lyman of sans cles and will miss them, but they will also be leaving to head to the states in 2 weeks. Since our flight is at 7am on Tuesday, June 4th we stayed in one of the Marina's bungalows the night before ..WITH AIR CONDITIONING! Our van driver, Francisco, picked us up at 4am and of course it was pitch dark and raining, but after only 1 hour and 20 minutes we arrived at the airport with out a hitch! The flight was an hour late in leaving (something about union flight crew needing proper time between flights) so fortunately customs went very smoothly in Miami and with only 25 minutes to spare, made it to our connecting flight to Chicago! (Thank goodness for flying 1st class as we were able to go to the head of the security checkpoint line). We had a great flight and made it Dorota's by 6pm. A great little reunion with my "sister" Dorota and Aunt Shirl and ordered Chinese food for dinner which is something we hadn't had in 7 months! We are off to Omaha, Nebraska for a family memorial for our dear Aunt Rose then back to Illinois to visit many friends and more family! Gee the Midwest doesn't feel that humid anymore and the threat of rain and thunderstorms seems to have followed us! Ahhh tis the season everywhere it seems. Our plan is to also go to our Maine island home for a few weeks and then off to San Francisco to visit our daughter and many friends. Adios to Triple Stars for 6 weeks, may the storm gods behave and leave her and sans cles rest peacefully until we all return!
Comments
Vessel Name: Triple Stars
Vessel Make/Model: Island Packet 380
Hailing Port: San Francisco, CA
Crew: Rob & Jan Anderson
About:
Rob & Jan sailed from Sausalito, Ca on October 11, 2007, headed south. Our ultimate destination is down Mexico, Central America to Panama. We will transit the canal end of 2008. We will then travel up towards N. America again, ending in Port Clyde, Maine in spring of 2009. [...]
Extra:
What a journey we have had! We arrived in Port Clyde, Maine in June 2009. A rainy, chilly summer on Hupper Island but thrilled to have completed our journey. We began building the addition onto our summer home which was finished in September 2010. Rennovation of the original house is in the [...]

Who: Rob & Jan Anderson
Port: San Francisco, CA