Another Day In Paradise

19 March 2013 | Rodney Bay, St. Lucia
03 February 2013 | Simpson Lagoon
01 January 2013 | Simpson Bay
24 December 2012 | Simpson Lagoon
07 December 2012 | St. Martin
28 November 2012 | Old Road Bay
24 November 2012 | Les Saintes
11 November 2012 | Rodney Bay
05 November 2012 | Admiralty Bay
28 October 2012 | Tyrell Bay, Carriacou
29 September 2012 | Mount Hartman Bay, Grenada
17 September 2012 | Mount Hartman Bay
03 September 2012 | Mount Hartman Bay
07 August 2012 | Port Egmont
26 July 2012 | Mount Hartman Bay
13 July 2012 | St. George
23 June 2012 | Clark's Cove Bay, Grenada
12 June 2012 | Prickly Bay, Grenada
09 June 2012 | Prickly Bay, Grenada
01 June 2012 | Grenadines-St. Vincent

Our Second Season Begins

28 October 2012 | Tyrell Bay, Carriacou
Sue
The month of October was another fun filled month of adventures.

Firstly, I flew to Toronto, rented a car and spent 10 days in the London/Sarnia area.

My homebase was with Nick & Autumn but I also got to spend a night at Denise & Jacques' home as well as a night aboard Oui Cherie, with Peggy & Jim.
Ten days was a bit quick but I did get to attend Autumn's first karate class, visit with friends at our former marina and visit with former co-workers at the Board office as well as at Woolverine.
My sister, Helen and her husband Hugh drove down from Kap and we had a great dinner at their son Tyler's home.
The Brigden Fair was a lot of fun with Nick, Autumn, Kaylin & Noah. The day ended with a delicious Thanksgiving turkey dinner at Kaylin's Stepmom's home in Sarnia.
Thank you all for your great hospitality, lunches, dinners and great company.
Although Dan did not make the trip, I was able to share great memories of my visit and bring him back an IPad.

We spent 6 days at Whisper Cove Marina during which time the rigging was replaced and the boat got a general cleaning in our preparation to start heading north.
Dan and Sylvain had the entire rigging replaced in a record breaking two days.

On Thursday, Oct. 25th, we said goodbye to many friends and left Whisper Cove for St. George where we met up with Slysan, Joreane & Don Quillechote.

Friday we sailed up to Ile Ronde, which was only 19 nm north of St. George and spend a quiet afternoon snorkeling and reading. We were awoken the next morning at 6:00 by yelling near our boat only to discover a dozen fishing boats dropping two circular nets adjacent to our anchorage. What a great way to start a day than to watch the local fishermen winding in their circular nets and bring their catch on board; it took approximately 2 ½ hours.

On Saturday, we had another great sail to Carriacou where we anchored at Tyrell Bay.
A quick dip to freshen up, a walk along main street (probably the only street), then dinner at the Lazy Turtle by the beach while listening to some Blues music.

After we arrived at the boat, a large sailboat with no navigation lights proceeded to anchor way too close for our comfort. We did tell them they were too close and they moved maybe a dozen feet over. The Europeans have a liking to hug their neighbors; we did stay up for a while to make sure everything was under control. Although we still thought they were a bit close this was going to be it for the night; the anchor watch was set and the spotlight & air horn were by the companionway in case they were needed.
Our respective boats swung in about the same direction through the night so all is well that ends well.

Today, we will move along the west coast of the island and get a mooring ball at Sandy Island; this island would be a great screensaver with its white beach and the snorkeling is supposed to be awesome.
Although hurricane season is not officially over, we are hoping that Sandy will be the last one. We are migrating north at a slow pace and should weather occur, we will be approximately 24 hours away from Grenada.

As our second season of sailing the Caribbean begins, we welcome you aboard.....via our blog!



Comments
Vessel Name: Triumph
Vessel Make/Model: Hunter 37.5
Hailing Port: Point Edward, ON
Crew: Dan & Sue
About: Due to the partial closure of the Erie Canal, we had to implement plan B. Our boat will be shipped from Harrison Twp., MI to Chesapeake, VA.

s/v Triumph

Who: Dan & Sue
Port: Point Edward, ON