s/v True Colors

08 June 2015 | St. Croix
05 June 2015 | St. Croix
30 January 2015
10 January 2015
28 December 2014
21 December 2014 | Antigua, Carlyle bay
19 December 2014 | Grenada
18 December 2014 | Antigua
05 August 2014 | St Eustatia
25 June 2014
20 June 2014 | Jost Van Dyke
26 May 2014 | Samana, DR
29 April 2014
23 April 2014
08 April 2014
01 April 2014 | Marsh Harbor
25 March 2014 | Great Guana Cay
13 March 2014

Caitlin comes for a visit

24 April 2013 | Staniel Cay
Marty
It's been a while.

Caitlin (our daughter) flew in from Brooklyn, NY to Nassau to join us. We headed south and spent our first night off Normans's Cay (Susie, we were thinking of you!!). We tried to go to the Norman's Beach Club for lunch, unfortunately the club was closed for renovations. It looks interesting and when opened, it should be worth a visit. We played with Lily on the beach and did a little snorkeling on the small reef in front of the beach club. We then continued south to Shroud Cay, where we spent the next two days. Shroud is a really neat island. It's an island that is composed of Mangroves in the middle and there are small streams that run through the mangroves. We were able to take the dinghy and explore the interior of the island. The colors and clarity of the water was incredible.

We then headed to Staniel Cay, where Cait would catch a flight back to Nassau and make her connection to NYC. The trip down was in squalls and heavy rain. Cait was at the helm for a portion of the trip and for one particularly heavy downpour, she thought it was good fun.

We took a short dinghy ride to Big Majors Spot (an island) where we saw the swimming pigs. They really can swim and when they see a dinghy coming towards the beach, the come out for food. They can be a little aggressive and we kept a distance.

The water around Staniel Cay is is crystal clear, we went snorkeling at the Thunderball Grotto, which is where they filmed the James Bond movie. The fish were thick and not afraid of the snorkelers.

Cait proved to be about as easy a boat guest as we could have wished for. She was always up for seeing the sights and pitching in where ever she could to help out. She has set the bar pretty high for all those who will follow her.

We sadly put her on a plane this morning. That entails, taking a ten minute dinghy ride to a small dock, walking about 75 yards to a small outdoor pavillion with seats, where you wait for the twin prop plane to fly in. The dump off passengers with one engine still running, load up the next group and then they are off.

We will miss Cait,



Comments
Vessel Name: True Colors
Vessel Make/Model: Manta 42 Mark II Catamaran
Hailing Port: Annapolis, MD
Crew: Marty & Lisa Kelly

s/v True Colors

Who: Marty & Lisa Kelly
Port: Annapolis, MD