s/v True Colors

08 June 2015 | St. Croix
05 June 2015 | St. Croix
30 January 2015
10 January 2015
28 December 2014
21 December 2014 | Antigua, Carlyle bay
19 December 2014 | Grenada
18 December 2014 | Antigua
05 August 2014 | St Eustatia
25 June 2014
20 June 2014 | Jost Van Dyke
26 May 2014 | Samana, DR
29 April 2014
23 April 2014
08 April 2014
01 April 2014 | Marsh Harbor
25 March 2014 | Great Guana Cay
13 March 2014

Sorry... Been Delinquent!

05 June 2015 | St. Croix
Lisa
When last seen, our fearsome threesome were headed north. First stop, St. Croix. We sailed with light winds, and our cool tie-dyed spinnaker. 91 nautical miles took us just under 24 hours. We anchored in Christiansted. I really liked St. Croix. We rented a car with Anastasia and spent two days touring the island. We made it to the easternmost point of the U.S. Probably not where you are thinking, but on the island. There is a memorial to Mo Udall at the site. Not really sure why, but it is named Udall Point. We also drove to fredrickstad. There we did a bit of shore snorkeling. Andrea has gotten me all fired up about collecting shells and sea glass. I am an amateur in comparison to ms. Eagle eye. We did a tour of the Cruzan rum factory which was pretty interesting. How many rum factories can you visit...the best was the two free drinks at the end. Cruzan is best known for its flavored rums. There must be 15 or so. I had a creamsicle which tasted just like you thought it would back when the milkman would come by and we could buy just one. Can't remember the second, but I am sure it was equally delicious. We also went to the botanical gardens which are located on the site of an old sugar cane plantation. There were cool ruins and some buildings still intact. Found the grave of an ancestor, Sarah Heyliger and while going through the list of owners, found the plantation had been owned by de Windts at two different times. We are everywhere! Sadly, Lily had to stay in the car. No dogs allowed. Don't worry, it was fairly cool, early in the morning and she was in the shade.

We spent a day at Buck Island which is part of the U.S. Park service. Again, no dogs allowed, so Lily stayed on the boat as we swam and snorkeled. Back to St. Croix and after ten days we left for St. Thomas and Charlotte Amalie. We ran into friends on Marilyn, White Wing and Simple Life. Our first night we ventured to Frenchtown for pizza at the Pie Whole. It was not a nice night, teeming rain on our way back to the boat, very dark with little visibility. Best part was Andrea wearing a plastic bag on her head though we were all drenched. The next morning as Mart was wondering the boat he noticed two new holes, one in the front of each hull. Couldn't have happened by another boat dragging down on us because the holes were different heights above the water line. We think someone in a hard skiff was in a really big hurry to get home and out of the rain and hit the starboard hull, took flight and hit the port hull. And they did not leave a note! Mart has had the opportunity to watch fiberglass work being done on the boat, both in the boatyard and when Hernando fixed the port hull after his boat dragged onto us. Good thing he paid attention. He did a fine fixing job.

We hung around for a couple weeks and then it was time for me to go home. I spent five weeks in the states doing my driving tour and meeting Brennan Mandell Kelly, born February 10. He is the cutest, sweetest most expressive baby ever...just like all your children and grandchildren. Loved being in Boston with the Kelly's! Can't wait to go back this summer.

I left marty to fend for himself in St. Thomas. Going to try to post pictures now. I will be back to bring you up to speed soon. I promise...
Comments
Vessel Name: True Colors
Vessel Make/Model: Manta 42 Mark II Catamaran
Hailing Port: Annapolis, MD
Crew: Marty & Lisa Kelly

s/v True Colors

Who: Marty & Lisa Kelly
Port: Annapolis, MD