s/v True Colors

08 June 2015 | St. Croix
05 June 2015 | St. Croix
30 January 2015
10 January 2015
28 December 2014
21 December 2014 | Antigua, Carlyle bay
19 December 2014 | Grenada
18 December 2014 | Antigua
05 August 2014 | St Eustatia
25 June 2014
20 June 2014 | Jost Van Dyke
26 May 2014 | Samana, DR
29 April 2014
23 April 2014
08 April 2014
01 April 2014 | Marsh Harbor
25 March 2014 | Great Guana Cay
13 March 2014

Loving Cracker Boy

04 February 2014
Lisa
Yes, it's true. We are still at the boatyard. Two weeks and a day, but who's counting. We have accomplished a lot. Mainly Marty, but every once in a while I make him let me help. A list would be boring. Suffice it to say, the boat is cleaned, compounded and has two layers of wax. The dinghy looks new...well, newer anyway. The fiberglass work was finally begun today. Should be done tomorrow. All ordered parts have arrived and mostly put into use. And I just finished defrosting the freezer.

Those are all good things. Now the not so great things that have happened. I fell off the ladder to the boat. It had been raining for two days and the rungs on the ladder were wet and slippery. I was headed to the bathroom. My right foot slipped on the second rung from the bottom, my left leg flew up and my shin hit the third rung, and then I fell in a puddle. No real harm, just a little broken skin and a bump on my left shin. Marty's hands have at least 30 dings and scrapes from the work he has been doing.he is now wearing a glove, a really heavy one one wears fishing when removing hooks from prickly fish. Very affective whine removing calking from small places. Living here has kind of made by brain go on hiatus. The other night I was going to sauté an onion to accompany out hamburgers. I sliced the onion and put it in the pan. Marty was watching the news on fox. I didn't think he was paying any attention to me until he asked what I was doing. I thought I was pouring olive oil on the onions, but, no, it was dish washing soap. Really glad he caught that. I have no idea what would have happened to the soap in a hot frying pan...

There are a few people living on their boats here at the yard. No one nearly as fun and pleasant as Matt and Lindsey who were here last year. If you are reading this, let us know where you are and plans. Just not the same here without you. One of the guys on the boat next to us, a huge fishing boat, invited us to dinner. But it was Grammy night so I begged off. Mart went, had a great dinner. A bit too much garlic from the smell of him though. Later they gave me a beautiful sand dollar. I am having trouble uploading pictures, but I will keep trying.

Anyway, all things considered, it hasn't been too bad these last two weeks. We have shore power and plenty of water. Lily remembered the on and off boat routine from last year and she I spreading love and goodwill all over the place.

Later...
Comments
Vessel Name: True Colors
Vessel Make/Model: Manta 42 Mark II Catamaran
Hailing Port: Annapolis, MD
Crew: Marty & Lisa Kelly

s/v True Colors

Who: Marty & Lisa Kelly
Port: Annapolis, MD