Truthsayer Voyages

03 October 2013 | Marathon, FL
12 March 2013 | Sarasota, FL
12 March 2013 | Desoto Point, Manatee River
27 February 2013 | Dunedin City Marina
19 December 2012 | Dunedin, FL
17 November 2012 | Florida
12 November 2012 | Carrabelle, FL
05 November 2012 | Florida
03 November 2012 | Florida
02 November 2012 | Panama City, FL
27 October 2012 | Florida/Alabama
23 August 2012 | Orange Beach, AL
05 July 2012 | New Orleans
31 March 2012 | Seabrook Marina, New Orleans
29 March 2012 | Morgan City, LA
29 November 2011 | New Iberia, LA
21 November 2011 | Morgan City
21 November 2011
14 November 2011 | Morgan City, LA
09 November 2011 | Avery Island, LA

Change of Plans

21 November 2011
Gil
One of the beautiful things about the cruising life is “No Plans—No Schedule.” So this blog post is somewhat mis-titled: If there are no plans, how can you have a change of plans? Nonetheless, we had intended to move on to Houma and New Orleans once the Bayou Bouef lock maintenance was completed. That was scheduled to happen on the 17th. We had been looking for a dock in New Orleans where we could leave the boat for a few weeks while Marina goes to Germany. There was only one that met all our requirements, but due to maintenance work on the Industrial Canal, it was inaccessible to Truthsayer. We didn’t want to miss sightseeing in New Orleans, so we looked at going someplace in Mississippi and possibly renting a car to come back to New Orleans. We checked out six marinas and could not find one that we could use. They all had some limiting factor: Too expensive, no pets, no liveaboards, a waiting list a mile long, etc. etc. Then I had a thought: If we just stayed here in Morgan City we would be close enough to New Orleans to check out The Big Easy as well as explore the heart of Cajun country and the Atchafalaya river basin. Well, we needed land transportation to do all that exploring, so I jumped on Amtrak and rode to Houston for the princely Sr Citizen sum of $30.60. Chuck and Connie picked me up at the station and drove me to the storage lot where the truck camper was parked. The next morning, I drove the camper back to Morgan City. Now we have land transport.
Comments
Vessel Name: Truthsayer