All Aboard the s/v TugTub

21 April 2012 | Chacala
28 December 2011
28 December 2011 | Matanchen
23 December 2011
14 December 2011 | Isla Isabella
11 December 2011 | Mazatlan to Isabella
02 December 2011 | Marina Mazatlan
29 November 2011 | Marina Palmira Topolobampo
20 November 2011 | Topolobampo
18 November 2011 | Bahia de San Ignacio
14 November 2011 | Catalina Cove
12 November 2011 | Algodones
02 July 2011 | Tucson Airport
28 June 2011 | Bahia Algodones
26 June 2011 | Bahia Algodones
18 June 2011 | Santa Rosalia
12 June 2011 | Bahia Coyote
07 June 2011 | Isla Coronados

Survival of an Invasion by Evil-Doers

05 June 2011
Pamela
No words from me in a while...Long story with no time at the moment to share in full. Rushing before we leave to fill in a few blanks.

Right before the Memorial Day holiday, we anchored in San Evaristo. It's a fantastic place we had visited before. We spent a couple days doing the work work stuff, engrossed in computers. Then Friday night, Yeay, stop work, go play. Invited by new friends to a special family event, spanish translation not so hot, let's say it had something to do with daughter A achieving something in church B. Hang out with lots of kids and fun fun times, then Saturday our own Memorial Day bbq, complete with hambuggies and potato salad an everythin'...then BLAMMO! Evil Doer Invasion!!! Paul and I spent the next couple days fighting each other for access to side rails and the head... projectile situations....
Anibiotics can be a really good thing. Everytime I take a pill that makes me feel better, I know how incredibly lucky i am to have the $ and access to that that item. We are so lucky. Turns out the kids caught the "gripe" and all of us were down and out. Blammo! Antibiotics then caused a few other things for me, but anyway, like I said, lucky enough to get through it. I'll never forget a visit to the Doctors without Borders Exhibit "REfugee Camp in the City" where some of the cots just have a big hole and a giant bucket underneath because people get so sick their bodies cannot retain anything.

From San Evaristo on to Timbabeche, meet up with Manuel who once again comes through with amazing lobsters. On to Agua Verde a drop-dead-gorgeous place. Goats serenading me to sleep. Lots and lots of fish to snorkel around, just draw doppingly gorgeous.

Next on to Puerto Escondido. Internet access and work work. Recuperation. Then a special treat night in Loreto, great hotel, Posado de las Flores. Dancing and a party in the square. A wonderful pizza dinner (but of course!) at a place that trumpeted the founding of Loreto by Spaniards and Italians. Great pizza! Great Olive oil & Bread! And some great mexican wine!

Now on to some islands, more later. I just uploaded a bunch of photos, but I don't have enough time to write the descriptions. More later when we next have internet, I think the town name there will be Mulege.

Miss you guys!
Comments
Vessel Name: TugTub
Vessel Make/Model: Irwin 43
Hailing Port: Long Beach, CA USA
Crew: Paul West, Pamela Stone
About: Nov 2012 marks the beginning of our third cruising year. Year 1: We left CA with the Baja HaHa for Baja Peninsula and the Sea of Cortez. Year 2: We explored Mainland Pacific Mexico. Year 3: We think will be Central America...and then what??
Extra:

Who: Paul West, Pamela Stone
Port: Long Beach, CA USA