Twin Image

14 November 2010
28 October 2010 | Vancouver
28 October 2010 | Bowen Island
28 October 2010 | Vancouver
23 September 2010 | Cailfield -West Vancouver
29 August 2010
29 August 2010 | West Vancouver YC
02 August 2010 | BC-Canada
02 August 2010 | Vancouver-BC-Canada
02 August 2010 | Whistler BC Canada
27 June 2010 | West Bay Vancouver
27 June 2010 | Vancouver
27 June 2010 | Vancouver
26 June 2010 | Vancouver
12 June 2010 | Vancouver
06 June 2010 | Saipan
30 May 2010 | Vancouver

All at sea

23 February 2010
BJ
Thursday 11th February 2010...all at sea

It is 12-33 am, we are at position 04 33 N and 145 56 E, doing 5-6 knots on a course of 330 magnetic.The seas are slight and the wind angle is between 80 and 90 degrees,and 10-15 knots of wind, nice sailing.
Most nights at sea might seem good comfortable cruisy watches but tonight I feel abit sick and there are some uncomfortable waves pushing through, as well as Richie having a scare of a ship just passing our bow, he was unable to reach the ship on VHF.He put all the spot lights on maybe they saw us on radar but then again maybe not...ships in these parts are not always the sea worthy vessells we see in Australia and NZ and who knows how they keep ship so for us it pays to keep a watch.

There is no moon and about 60 % cloud cover.No squalls yet but they sneak up on you so it pays to keep an eye out.The wind is cold tonight so its nice to be writing inside, atuned to the hum of the autohelm just to be sure its still steering.The temperature is 29 degees and I am cold-my blood must have thinned in the last 9 months.I wonder why I cant relax and settle tonight but I suspect Richie has put he wind up me about the ship.Its amazing that so many people dont keep a watch ? The stars are dull and with no moon its just abit hard and I am doing it tough....so roll on 3 am.The children rarely wake in the night oblivious to the night watches...thank goodness. During the day they amuse themselves with coloring,leggo, blocks, trainsets, imaginative play singing, the odd DVD and eating with a good sleep thrown in most days. Our red footed boobie is still with us much to the delight of the kids.


Friday 12th February 2010 approaching Woleai Atoll

Its midnight and I just got on watch. We are supposed to be slowing down but that is hard.Its 30 knots from 95 degrees and constant squalls and the boat is launching and driving itself forward at 10-12 knots and in between down to 7 knots....well some might say thats not too slow.The boat does really well in these conditions and its a blessing she is 60 foot. When I see these seas and how this boaat handles it, I know I will probably never own a blue water boat under 60 foot.I know some of you reading this do own smaller boats but its not for me.So heres to slowing down if we could we are running bare headed and 3/4 main.

Saw a huge pod of dolphins today.
Comments
Vessel Name: Twin Image
Vessel Make/Model: 58 ft Catamaran
Hailing Port: Auckland
Crew: Richie Bronnie Samuel & Taylor James
About: Hold on for the ride and what a ride its been and will be ..................until next we sail enjoy
Extra: Twin Image is currently on the hardstand in Saipan, the new rig is being built in NZ, and we are working and enjoying life on land in Vancouver British Columbia Canada.....Happy Days........live for the moment...that is happiness
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/twinimage/

Twin Image

Who: Richie Bronnie Samuel & Taylor James
Port: Auckland
In British Collumbia Canada
Check out the Gallery......