Twin Image

14 November 2010
28 October 2010 | Vancouver
28 October 2010 | Bowen Island
28 October 2010 | Vancouver
23 September 2010 | Cailfield -West Vancouver
29 August 2010
29 August 2010 | West Vancouver YC
02 August 2010 | BC-Canada
02 August 2010 | Vancouver-BC-Canada
02 August 2010 | Whistler BC Canada
27 June 2010 | West Bay Vancouver
27 June 2010 | Vancouver
27 June 2010 | Vancouver
26 June 2010 | Vancouver
12 June 2010 | Vancouver
06 June 2010 | Saipan
30 May 2010 | Vancouver

Crossing the equator-enroute Micronesia

24 February 2010
We are finally on the move north and said our goodbyes in Kavieng yesterday.Goodbye to all those great people at Nusa Island Resort and goodbye to our lovely friends from Pura Vida David and Virginia and for the children the kids from Blue moon will be sadly missed.So thanks guys for all the potluck dinners, pizza nights and casseroles.....I will never love them Sarah but I can see that pressure cookers are great for curries.Most of all thanks for the great company over the last 6 weeks it was great. It was strange last night anchored off Ugalik near New Hanover, all dark at a secluded anchorage and just the 4 of us again alone at anchor.....but nice.We are sailing NW now passing the last of PNG islands and its 1 am, a star filled sky but only 8 knots of wind and we are wallowing at 4 knots.Tomorrow should bring more wind so that will be a welcome change. For now though its an easy watch and you just do the miles.We told the kids 4 nights to the nearest atoll but at this speed it will be 5 if we are lucky.....so hopefully the wind gets up for us. On this passage we will cross the equator. I have never done that by yacht before and it will be a milestone and I cant wait to cross the line on the chart.


00 00 00 has just passed us by at 4-45 am this morning enroute to woleai atoll.So here we come Alaska! The stars were awesome tonight with many more stars than I have ever seen. Sunset today brought a stowaway on board-a red footed boobie who has taken up residency on the starboard bow. He stayed all night and now at 9 am seems content to stay onboard and preen himself and dry in the warm sunshine-so I wonder how long he will stay with us-the boys hope all the way to the atoll-its a laugh for us all and he is most entertaining.The wonder of the ocean at night is fantastic, all that water, where does it come from and where is it all going. There is not much life out here. Some flying fish, hardly any birds and no dolphins or whales sighted. Last night I saw a fishing boat off about 10 miles or so but otherwise its just blue sky and blue ocean.The trusty autohelm is chugging away and boat is travelling nicely.She is a good ship in the sea and we love her for that.

Its too bumpy to do school so we play games and do abit of reading and just relax. We all try to sleep in the day and generally hang about.We are having pre made Emmas chicken tonight and fish steaks and rice for lunch. We caught a nice big spanish Mackeral on the way out of PNG and there is still plenty left.Oh Samuel has lost his first tooth. The tooth fairy brought US dollars so he is all good.
Comments
Vessel Name: Twin Image
Vessel Make/Model: 58 ft Catamaran
Hailing Port: Auckland
Crew: Richie Bronnie Samuel & Taylor James
About: Hold on for the ride and what a ride its been and will be ..................until next we sail enjoy
Extra: Twin Image is currently on the hardstand in Saipan, the new rig is being built in NZ, and we are working and enjoying life on land in Vancouver British Columbia Canada.....Happy Days........live for the moment...that is happiness
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/twinimage/

Twin Image

Who: Richie Bronnie Samuel & Taylor James
Port: Auckland
In British Collumbia Canada
Check out the Gallery......