A Brief Change Of Plans
03 April 2011 | Burnt Store Marina(again)
WE'RE BACK! Anyone who has followed this blog on our previous years' blogs will know that "change" is a constant in a boater's life, whether caused by weather, mechanical problems, or health or any number of issues. This time, it is health related, although not serious. To begin with, we left Saturday morning as expected and motor-sailed to one of our favorite anchorages, Pelican Bay at Cayo Costa, a barrier island off Charlotte Harbor and the Gulf of Mexico. We were able to use our best anchoring spot, providing excellent protection from strong winds, which was needed during the night. This morning, Pstty said she was having a vision issue and instead of ignoring it, we decided to head back to have the problem looked at instead of moving on. The appointment is fir Monday morning.
However, there is good news, too. As we approached the marina, the strong winds subsided and we decided to sail for several hours in great wind and flat water. A fantastic way to end a disappointing day.