Maureen on Cantagree
17 April 2012 | Stuart, Florida
The wind continues. We had some hope early in the morning but as the day continued, the wind built back up to around 20 mph. We listened to Chris Parker’s forecast and there is hope for improvement later this week, even for a possible crossing. The only problem is that it takes a few days for the sea state to calm down to the preferred level, at least for us, of 1 to 2 feet. We are in no hurry and have time to kill. It’s when you push the weather is that you can get into trouble.
The highlight for Monday was the arrival of Tom and Maureen on Cantagree. They left Clewiston early in the morning to cross Lake O. They even had the opportunity to pull out the headsail for awhile. They checked in as they cleared the infamous bridge and we told them that if they hurried and made the 3:00 p.m. lock opening, they could join us for dinner at Duffys. After all, it was Monday night and ribs. They made it in time. Mat and Sue from Punta Gorda had arrived earlier on their boat and also joined on.
I know cards, Hand and Foot, is on the schedule today with Tom and Maureen. Hopefully, Bob and Mary will take part as well. A great game to pass the time in the afternoon.