Two If By Sea

22 April 2017 | Burnt Store Marina
20 April 2017 | Pelican Bay
13 April 2017 | Charlotte Harbor, Florida
08 April 2017 | Burnt Store Marina
05 April 2017 | Charlotte Harbor
03 April 2017 | Cape Haze
02 April 2017 | Cape Haze
01 April 2017 | Cape Haze
30 March 2017 | Burnt Store Marina
09 March 2017 | Cape Haze
07 March 2017
06 March 2017 | Cape Haze
04 March 2017
01 March 2017 | Burnt Store Marina
26 February 2017 | Burnt Store Marina
23 February 2017 | Burnt Store Marina
28 April 2016 | Pelican Bay
25 April 2016 | Cape Haze Anchorage
24 April 2016 | Cape Haze Anchorage

A New Experience

07 April 2015 | St. Pete Municipal Marina
(Picture - Part of the Chihuly Exhibit)

We left the anchorage on the Manatee River around 8:30 am to head up to the St. Pete Municipal Marina, a distance of about 17 miles. Although we previously lived at Regatta Pointe Marina for three years when we first came to Florida, we never came up to this part of Tampa Bay. Because this was new water for us and being uncertain about the breeze, we estimated that this passage would take about four hours. However, once we got out into Tampa Bay, with the wind ENE around 10k and with the incoming tide, we pulled out the head sail and were averaging 6 ½ knots.

All was good, but as we approached the 175’ Sunshine Skyway Bridge, we noticed a tanker coming in from the Gulf. We continued to watch its progress and agreed it would be at the bridge at the same time as we. Not good. Therefore, we headed up and put the engine in neutral, slowing us down and allowing he tanker to pass well in front of us. Other than this short delay, we would have made it here in a little over three hours. It is all deep water to just outside the marina and, hopefully, we will have another good sail back to the Manatee River on Thursday. It is interesting to note that, having been gone only five days, we have sailed more this trip than we did in over two months last year.

We are on the transient dock here along with a variety of other boats. The dockmaster and another boater were waiting for us as we approached and guided un into the spot between two other boats. The marina is located on the pier at the foot of downtown St. Pete and all it has to offer. After lunch, we walked to the Chihuly exhibit. Very impressive. We did manage to find an ice cream shop afterwards.

We are here for two more days. Oh, for those interested, our new television antenna worked perfectly for The Voice and the NCAA finals.
Comments
Vessel Name: Two If By Sea
Vessel Make/Model: 1998 Catalina 36 Mk II
Hailing Port: Punta Gorda, Florida
Crew: Patty and David Power
About:
Patty and David moved to Palmetto, Florida from Colorado in 2002. [...]

Who: Patty and David Power
Port: Punta Gorda, Florida