Tyee3 - Catana 431

22 May 2012 | Mooloolaba
25 December 2011 | Revelstoke Canada
18 November 2011 | Gold Coast City Marina
15 November 2011 | Gold Coast
12 November 2011 | Brisbane
14 October 2011 | Baie de Oro
06 October 2011 | Ile des Pins, New Caledonia
24 September 2011 | Noumea, New Caledonia
19 September 2011 | Port Vila
12 September 2011 | Espiritu Santo
06 September 2011 | Vao Island, Malakula
02 September 2011 | Ambrym
01 September 2011 | Malakula
29 August 2011 | Port Vila
21 August 2011 | Port Vila
20 August 2011 | Tanna
19 August 2011
17 August 2011 | mamanucas and Yasawas
25 July 2011 | Robinson Crusoe Island

Visit with Mamie and Ginette

23 August 2011
Lucie
After Tracey left, we had a few days to make it back to Port Denarau to pick up another set of visitors. This time Mom and her friend Ginette were flying in from Montreal. I organized with a taxi driver the night before to meet at 5am and go to the airport to pick them up. The girls arrived on time and we got back to Tyee and opened all the goodies the women had brought us. After 24 hrs of travelling time, they were quite tired and we suggested that they take a nap for a few hours, enough time for me to go to the market in Nadi to replenish on fruit and veggies. We had plan to leave for Musket Cove that afternoon but because the weather was not so nice, we decided to stay for another day. We made it to Musket the next day. Soon after anchoring, the girls went to shore to check out the pool and John got the kiteboarding equipment out. As always, I stayed behind and became rescue slave. John is though getting much better and a rescue and not always necessary. I still feel that I should be watching over him as he does for me. The resort at Musket is such a great place, we get to use all facilities for a small membership charge. After kiting, I went back and picked up Mom, Ginette and the boys and went back to Tyee for dinner. The following day, we decided that we should head out to Tavarua and try the surf breaks. Unfortunately, it was a bit too big and the tide not quite high enough to make it comfortable. We only stayed for a few dumps before realizing that it was over our league. We went back to Musket. That night, we went to BBQ island for dinner. The resort provides the BBQ , plates and cutlery and does the dishes. You have to come with your food and cook it. It is a great spot to meet with other cruisers. We socialized with Oso Blanco and the Italian contingency, Paolo, Marcello and Michaele. It was lots of fun. Another fun thing at Musket is to go golfing. We took Mamie and Ginette to the Plantation Golf Course for a 9 hole. None of us did very good but lots of laughs were had by all. We made it back to Denarau for Mamie and Ginette to catch their flight to Noumea on Saturday. The plan was for them to visit New Caledonia while we took the boat across to Vanuatu and meet with us again at Tanna, one of the Southern island of Vanuatu.
Comments
Vessel Name: Tyee 3
Vessel Make/Model: Catana 431
Hailing Port: Victoria BC
Crew: John, Lucie, Theo, Simi Luttrell
About:
John is a professional mountain guide. He enjoys the sea with its many similarities to mountain life. He is very keen on his new sports of kiteboarding and surfing!!! Theo is 9 and he is the wake boarder champ in our family. He also enjoys playing techno games and reading. [...]
Extra:
John and Lucie are used to entertaining guests as for the last 10 years they have worked for Canadian Mountain Holidays. Guests come on a weekly package to heli ski, John takes them down the mountains and Lucie fixes them up with a wonderful massage therapy treatment. John with all of its [...]

Tyee 3

Who: John, Lucie, Theo, Simi Luttrell
Port: Victoria BC