The Journey Continues

15 September 2013 | St. Petersburg, Florida
25 March 2013 | Columbia, Missouri
11 February 2013 | Bocas del Toro, Panama
20 January 2013 | Bocas del Toro, Panama
17 January 2013 | Bocas del Toro, Panama
09 December 2012 | Bocas del Toro, Panama
08 December 2012
21 November 2012 | Boca del Drago, Panama
07 November 2012 | Bocas Del Toro, Panama
01 November 2012 | Bocas Del Toro, Panama
30 October 2012 | Bocas Del Toro, Panama
06 September 2012 | Shelter Bay Marina, Panama
19 July 2012 | Bocas del Toro, Panama
14 July 2012 | Bocas del Toro, Panama
09 July 2012 | Bocas del Toro, Panama
22 June 2012 | Sixoala/Guabito
21 June 2012
21 June 2012

More on the Assault

14 July 2012 | Bocas del Toro, Panama
Debbie
There is no official report as yet. The Bocas Marina, however, offered the assaulted cruisers a slip for 2 weeks. I am so impressed with the marina and their offer and for caring about boaters. It will take a long, long time for our friends to recover.

These folks had been awakened with a gun and flashlight in their faces. You have to understand that the monsters that did this took 2 hours dumping everything, and I mean everything, out of drawers and cabinets, clothes and dishes, … everything …. looking for cash and valuables. They ripped the wiring out of all the electronics; I guess to keep the folks from calling for help later. They took the couple’s dinghy and it was found adrift hours later… again, I guess to keep the couple from going after them. These poor victims were pistol-whipped in the head, tied with wire, gagged, threatened, humiliated, and repeated assaulted. These two creeps even drilled holes in the cushions and floorboards looking for loot.

One of the sad consequences of this assault is that 13 boats have now left the anchorage and the Bocas area for safer locations. What used to be a good safe hidey-hole during the hurricane season is now scary. For the past week we have locked ourselves in each night and stood watch in the early evenings. We had already planned on going into a marina this next week so that Bryan could work on our engine and generator, so we did that this morning. We’ll be here for a week and will feel a little safer during that time.

One of these animals was called Emelio, is known to locals and authorities, has been reportedly spotted a couple times on the mainland since, has not returned home to Bocas, and has not been apprehended by the police as far as we know. The Bocas and Panama authorities really need to get these guys and show the cruising community that they can take care of business. This just shouldn’t happen here.
Comments
Vessel Name: Uhane
Vessel Make/Model: Whitby 42
Hailing Port: St. Petersburg, Florida
Crew: Bryan and Debbie Pridgeon - Lil McGill
About: Lil McGill is our Tortoise Shell cat. Debbie and Bryan are merely caretakers.
Extra: 'Uhane is Hawaiian for 'Spirit'.

Our Dream Come True

Who: Bryan and Debbie Pridgeon - Lil McGill
Port: St. Petersburg, Florida
Be sure to click on "PHOTO GALLERY" above to see some great pix.