The Journey Continues

15 September 2013 | St. Petersburg, Florida
25 March 2013 | Columbia, Missouri
11 February 2013 | Bocas del Toro, Panama
20 January 2013 | Bocas del Toro, Panama
17 January 2013 | Bocas del Toro, Panama
09 December 2012 | Bocas del Toro, Panama
08 December 2012
21 November 2012 | Boca del Drago, Panama
07 November 2012 | Bocas Del Toro, Panama
01 November 2012 | Bocas Del Toro, Panama
30 October 2012 | Bocas Del Toro, Panama
06 September 2012 | Shelter Bay Marina, Panama
19 July 2012 | Bocas del Toro, Panama
14 July 2012 | Bocas del Toro, Panama
09 July 2012 | Bocas del Toro, Panama
22 June 2012 | Sixoala/Guabito
21 June 2012
21 June 2012

Frustrated Artist

30 October 2012 | Bocas Del Toro, Panama
Debbie
Finally finished this portrait of our friends, Damon and David, and got it shipped off to Damon's mom, AND I verified that she received it. Yippee! I like how it turned out but boy did it have a history.

First, Bryan said I had the faced too large and so I started over.

Next, I thought I had it in a secure spot in the v-berth only to discover the cat sleeping on it and paw prints all over it..... minimum repair... very frustrating.

Next, finally almost complete. Set it in the cockpit across from me, while I worked on another portrait and could glance up now and then to check it out. Bryan came out of the companionway, slid his tush down one face then leaned his bare and sweaty back into the other. It didn't even dawn on me what he had done until he stood up, turned around, and had a perfect painting of David on his back. Yikes!!! I should have taken a photo of his back. That would have been cool. Kind of funny but .... Major Repair.

Okay, almost finished again. Had to move the painting to our berth for a passage. Lil never goes there during a passage. Anyway, we arrived, anchored, and were just beginning to relax in the cockpit when Bryan reminded me that I'd better go move the painting to the upright at-anchor location before Lil got to it. Too late, but only 2 paw prints and not on the faces. Minor annoyance.

Finished the painting, showed David, got his approval, packaged it between two stretched canvases and lots of tape and styrofoam stuff to keep the painting from shifting inside. Also wrapped the whole thing in bubble wrap. The Mailboxes Etc was going to add more bubble wrap and a box. The whole thing weighed 5 lbs. No problem. The package got stopped in Panama City at the Mailboxes Etc there because they thought it needed to be packaged better. Next we hear it weighs 35 lbs. Oh my gosh... I am frantic worrying if they took what we did apart and messed up the pastel portrait for a couple days until we finally got word that it was delivered. I called and verified that it was all ok. Surprisingly, the final shipping weight on delivery was only like 8 lbs. Go figure.

Anyway, its done. Its delivered. They like it. I like it. Hallelujah, I'm a happy artist again.
Comments
Vessel Name: Uhane
Vessel Make/Model: Whitby 42
Hailing Port: St. Petersburg, Florida
Crew: Bryan and Debbie Pridgeon - Lil McGill
About: Lil McGill is our Tortoise Shell cat. Debbie and Bryan are merely caretakers.
Extra: 'Uhane is Hawaiian for 'Spirit'.

Our Dream Come True

Who: Bryan and Debbie Pridgeon - Lil McGill
Port: St. Petersburg, Florida
Be sure to click on "PHOTO GALLERY" above to see some great pix.