Bookmark and Share
Sodus to Oswego
09/13/2009, Oswego Marina

The boat is safely tied up at the Oswego Marina awaiting the next crew.
We left Oak Park Marina at 7 am on the 12th of September and arrived in Oswego at 11:30 am after an uneventful motorboat ride to Oswego. It started out nice enough but the last 6 miles gave us some concern. The waves started to build. With the balance of the boat a little off, every time we heard the 2x4's creaking we just looked up and prayed - "just a little while longer - just stay on the boat". Luckily the supports for the masts held up (I knew they would....wink wink).
We spent the day getting ready for the canal. Beckie had one more miracle in her. She was able to put all my clothes away. I tend to over pack anytime I go away. But she able to find a place to stash everything.
Today we shopped for fresh foods. Tomorrow we pick up Edward and Susan at the airport and drive to Oswego for an early Tuesday morning start thru the 1st lock.

09/14/2009 | Debbie Keskula
Glad to hear you made it safely to Oswego. There always has to be some excitement in a new adventure...glad your 2 X 4s held up :)
09/14/2009 | Brian Richards
Alan, just want to wish you luck and a safe and exciting voyage.
09/15/2009 | Charles Phillips
Alan and Becky, Thanks for coming to my party
09/21/2009 | Mom & Dad
good luck pictures where great
Busy Busy Busy & SPOT Link
09/09/2009, Sill in Sodus

The boat is back in the water and is almost ready to go. We'll probably leave early Saturday morning.
Everyone asked me for the Spot Address, so here it is.
Just click on this link and it should take you my SPOT shared page.
Once there - add it to your favorites..... so you don't forget me.

Your text to link...
I'll be turning it on when we leave. If you can't get it work ,let me know and I'll tutor you on how to use your computer......
You can also click on the position link on the right side of this page. It will bring up GOOGLE Earth. It Probably won't be updated as often though.

and so it starts
09/08/2009, Sodus Bay Haul out slip

They say the art of crusing had more to do with fixing your boat, than actually sailing it...... and so it starts.
After an exhaustive but fun weekend it started...... The shower sump, which except for a few blonde hair balls, and which has worked flawlessly for the last six years decided last night to stop working. I'll have to work on that later.
This morning we pulled over to the hauling slip to remove the masts. THAT went very well thanks to the great work by Mike Dwyer. The masts are safely stored on deck.
The other chore today was to get the bottom inspected to finish the survey. Well, the wrestling match I had with that rock at Mulcaster, in which I had won, or thought had turns out the rock won. When the boat came out of the water there was a big chuck of fibreglass missing from the aft end of the keel.
I spent the rest of the day going though 4 containers of MarineTex and several layers of glass to repair it. As of Tuesday evening the boat is still in the slings curing with the help of a heat lamp. I had things to do in town tonight including the foot rub I missed last night.
More to come when I get a chance about the party Saturday night and the sing-along on Sunday.

09/09/2009 | Captain Paul
Holy Crap! Glad I skipped those islands. Hope the repairs went well. We'll be coming down thursday eve, let us know if you need anything.
Paul and Deb

Newer ]  |  [ Older ]


Powered by SailBlogs