Vagrant Gipsy

21 July 2008 | New Smyrna Beach, FL, I.C.W.
21 July 2008 | I.C.W., Daytona Beach, FL
21 July 2008 | Mantanzas Inlet near St. Augustine, FL
21 July 2008 | I.C.W. Ormond Beach, FL
21 July 2008 | Mantanzas Inlet, St. Augustine, FL
21 July 2008 | I.C.W. St. Augustine, FL
21 July 2008 | Mosquito Lagoon
21 July 2008 | Mosquito Lagoon, I.C.W.
21 July 2008 | Over-Haul Canal, I.C.W.
21 July 2008 | Haul-Over Canal, I.C.W.
21 July 2008 | Overl-Haul Canal, I.C.W.
21 July 2008 | I.C.W.
21 July 2008 | Haul-Over Canal, I.C.W.
21 July 2008 | I.C.W. Daytona Beach, FL
21 July 2008 | I.C.W.
21 July 2008 | St. Augustine, Florida
10 July 2008 | Nashville, TN
10 July 2008 | Nashville, TN
10 July 2008 | Rockvale, TN
05 July 2008 | The Farm, Rockvale, TN

Susan's Blog

10 July 2008 | Rockvale, TN
Pic of Dr. Louise Mallory-Elliott, teacher of higher consciousness and meditation and my guru, at the Nashville Riverfront Park Fireworks, July 4th!


This is my farewell blog to the farm, the horses, family and my beloved meditation teacher and friend as I am leaving for St. Augustine Sunday, July 13th and driving straight through to Oyster Creek Marina, 65 Lewis Blvd., St. Augustine, FL 32084. Yogi is very anxious to meet his new dad and play with him! I am very excited about going home to Skip and Vagrant Gipsy too! I have enjoyed being on the farm for these 2 months and spending time with friends and family and with myself!!! But enough of that, I miss the captain and our unique lifestyle very much. After getting new tires on the Honda Odyssey this a.m. I set out for Starbucks to blog and have an Americano one more time before heading out. I am all set to substitute teach in the Rutherford and Davidson County School Systems when we return and that feels good. One big decision I have made while being on the farm is that when Skip and I come home to stay and settle down I want to teach Jr. High English. I was told this morning that I can actually start teaching while I am taking the 27 hours of educational courses I need to get my teaching certification. Wow, this is such encouraging news for me. The B.S. degree in English I have is without educational application and practice. However, my long term goal is to be a writer of fiction, in the meantime, I might need to earn some spending money! I just know I have that best seller inside me. I continue to believe the muse is coming to visit anytime now, and we will get on with the creating of our first book.

Skip and George, a friend from Tarpon Springs and a wooden boat enthusiast/specialist, are sailing Vagrant Gipsy to St. Augustine this weekend. May they have calm seas and steady winds as they enter the Gulf Stream and travel about 200 miles north to the oldest city in the U.S.A., (1565) St. Augustine, FL. They will sail round the clock which should take about 30 hours. May they be safe and protected by the angels of the sea! Did you know that Dolphins are referred to as the angels of the sea? Our Dolphin Herbie that rides the Vagrant Gipsy bow and leads us everywhere we go is doing a great job, thanks Herbie!
Comments
Vessel Name: Vagrant Gipsy
Vessel Make/Model: Sparkman Stephens/Ketch
Hailing Port: New Orleans, LA
Crew: Skip Reynolds & Susan Swaner & Yogi
About:
The two pirates left Tennessee in Nov. 2006. They have traveled all the way to George Town, Bahamas. Skip and Susan have been friends for about 20 years. They plan to travel to Maine and spend the summer of 2008. After Maine, no definite plans are in place as of this date, April 11, 2008. [...]
Extra:
The sailing vessel, Vagrant Gipsy, is a custom built monohull, built in Belize in 1969. She is built of solid rich mahogany with a custom fireplace with copper hood. The interior consists of two large staterooms both with king size berths. She will comfortably sleep 7 people. An interesting [...]

Two Pirates

Who: Skip Reynolds & Susan Swaner & Yogi
Port: New Orleans, LA