A new toy for Captain Underpants
08 January 2018
An inflatable sailing dinghy! A Tinker he found perusing the net. Yep he ain't ever going to stop looking for bargains. But when this little beauty arrived I was more than impressed. Both grandkids had a go and loved it. It will fit nicely we hope below Valiam's deck as a second dinghy. Here's 7 year old Tahlia sailing with her Pa on the Mooloolah river, Mooloolaba, QLD Australia.
Bye Bye Valiam's first dinghy
28 December 2017
A bit sad to say bye to the dinghy Bill built when we first launched Valiam nearly 24 years ago. This dinghy served us well taking us ashore around the world, visiting friends in other boats and carried adults, children, dogs, provisions, bicycles to name a few. But she is now at the Buderim Recycling and Waste Centre and I even gave her a goodbye kiss and said 'Thank you'. Hopefully someone will take her on for major repairs. Easier to build a new one says Captain Underpants.... And we also have a hard bottomed inflatable now.
Greetings from Valiam's crew
26 December 2017
Christmas was spent on board in Mooloolaba with a drive down to Brisbane to spend Christmas Day with our son, daughter and families. Too much good food and merry cheer so it's time to give our tummies a rest from indulgences. It's been a month of celebrating since our 40th wedding anniversary so now it's time to get on with our 2018 projects:
The list ( not sure if we will get through them all)
- Build our holiday cottage in Iluka - our biggest most important project. We now have all the right bits of paper to start.
- Give Valiam some TLC and make over
- Linda will continue to promote community Art, her books and create paintings and mosaics at Iluka Emporium and Cawongla Art Studio
- Bill will continue to restore bicycles, boats and make beer ( and mow lawns)
- Linda will continue to support women who sail or want to sail.
- Linda's latest venture is Gutsy, a healthy eating program that heals the gut. Feeling terrific and 25kg lighter she is mentoring others.
Looks like a busy year ahead for us.
My favourite photo taken at our 40th wedding anniversary party by Peter Moor. I surprised Bill by arriving by camel. 'Ships of the desert '
Holiday deal on both our books !
16 December 2017
It's the summer holidays and to celebrate I am bundling both Sailing and Salvage in my Sarong together for $75 with a free original art card by me! Add $10 postage anywhere in Australia. I will sign each book with a special message to you or the person receiving. Happy Holidays! Cheers, Linda.
Easiest way is PayPal :
Click here and type in the amount
Don't have PayPal? For the discount email me:
Or private message through Facebook:
Sailing in my Sarong Facebook page