Wendy & Burry Cruising

Back aboard, Headed south from Green Cove Springs, going to the Exhumas.

17 July 2013 | Nassau, New Providence
11 July 2013 | Black Point Settlement
11 July 2013 | Sampson Cay
11 July 2013 | Georgetown
11 July 2013 | Kingston
22 February 2013 | Sampson Cay
18 February 2013 | Waderick Wells
15 February 2013 | Waderick Wells
07 December 2012 | Green Cove Springs
22 May 2012 | Florida (jacksonvillle)
20 May 2012
19 May 2012 | Spanish Wells
19 May 2012 | Northern Exhumas
19 May 2012 | Little Farmers/Black Point
17 May 2012 | Emerald Bay on Great Exhuma
17 May 2012 | Little Farmers Cay
16 May 2012 | Black Point
01 May 2012 | Stanial Cay
11 March 2012 | Center of the Land and Sea Park
08 March 2012 | Shroud Cay

Sampson Cay is a Jewel

22 February 2013 | Sampson Cay
gorgeous weather
So we pulled out of Waderick around 1100 and made the short hope down to Sampson Cay, about 4 nm north of Big Major, where our two friends (Tribute and Groovin) were headed. About 60 boats there, 6 here, so much more out type of anchorage. We are tucked in close to the marina, with excellent protection from NW through E to SW. Not a lot of current either and great holding, tops on our list for great places to sink the hook.
Sampson doesnt offer a lot of snorkling or fishing but has some nice walks, great beaches and nice swimming. The resort offers us showers and laundry (providing they are not busy with marina guests), a small store, restaurant for lunch and places to sit and relax in the shade with incredible views.
We were only going to stay two nights, but decided to hang out for a few more days to enjoy this place. Went for a dingy jaunt today, around the north end of Sampson, over to...wait for it..."Overyonder Cay". Neat place, high end houses, three huge wind turbines and a huge solar panel array.
Next we circumnavigated Rat Cay, going along Little Pike Cay and waved to Mr Depp. Back home for a beer and relax until evening walk with Maggie. Havent decided what we are doing tommorow, but can decide that tommorow lol. Love this life!
Hope to get some pics up once we get better bandwidth.
Fair winds.
Comments
Vessel Name: Seahawk X
Vessel Make/Model: Island Trader 41, Ketch
Hailing Port: Kingston, Ontario
Crew: Wendy, Burry, Maggie, Bartley (in our hearts)
About: Wendy and Burry have been married for 30+ years and moved aboard Seahawk when they were transfered from Maryland to New Jersey. Threw off the lines fall of 2010 and have been travelling the eastern seaboard and bahamas since.
Extra: We have two children we love a lot and miss, hoping they will visit us more once we are in the tropics lol. Tara is a budding bio scientist, recently married to Chris, and just completed her masters. Michael is in the Navel Reserve and has finished his degree and headed to Saskatoon with Megan.

The Adventures of the Vanderveers

Who: Wendy, Burry, Maggie, Bartley (in our hearts)
Port: Kingston, Ontario