Wendy & Burry Cruising

Back aboard, Headed south from Green Cove Springs, going to the Exhumas.

17 July 2013 | Nassau, New Providence
11 July 2013 | Black Point Settlement
11 July 2013 | Sampson Cay
11 July 2013 | Georgetown
11 July 2013 | Kingston
22 February 2013 | Sampson Cay
18 February 2013 | Waderick Wells
15 February 2013 | Waderick Wells
07 December 2012 | Green Cove Springs
22 May 2012 | Florida (jacksonvillle)
20 May 2012
19 May 2012 | Spanish Wells
19 May 2012 | Northern Exhumas
19 May 2012 | Little Farmers/Black Point
17 May 2012 | Emerald Bay on Great Exhuma
17 May 2012 | Little Farmers Cay
16 May 2012 | Black Point
01 May 2012 | Stanial Cay
11 March 2012 | Center of the Land and Sea Park
08 March 2012 | Shroud Cay

Back in the Exhumas

15 February 2013 | Waderick Wells
Breezy
Been somewhat behind thought a quick note to update the blogasphere is in order.
Last entry was St Augustine, well we are well south now. Had an uneventful trip down to Miami, grabbed a ball in Dinner Key again around mid December. Decided that we would stick around for Christmas, so got a month on the ball.
Big mistake, we went shopping at the mall a few days before Christmas and Burry ends up catching the dreaded flu bug from one of the zillion landlubbers. Undetered though he did Christmas dinner, this year substituting "Turducon" for the turkey.
A week later, finally showing signs of recovery Wendy gets hit.
Well January Burry ends up with kidney stone, Dingy motor dies and Burry has a dental problem....not a wholesome start to 2013.
Febuary things improve. Final preps done, old outboard sold, new outboatd on the dingy and all three of us feeling good.
Weather window finally comes and on 7 Feb we throw off the lines and head east ppast No Name Harbour (and the 20 boats anchored outside) and did a night crossing to Bimini. Got there around 0300, dropped the hook between South Bimini and Turtle Rocks and waited for daylight, when we entered Bimini Sands Marina for a couple of days.
On the way over Seahawk felt sluggesh, and now in the clear water saw why, our prop had some growth. Fortunately meet some loberter divers at the fuel dock who were hired to resolve the situation.
Two days later the forcast looked good so we headed out across the banks. A slight miscalculation on the tide going past Cat Cay WP resulted in being stuck for a hour as we waited for the tide to come in. Other than that had a great banks crossing (best one yet). After some misserable times anchored on the banks bit the bullet and continued on through the night, leaving the banks around midnight and then headed south to New Providence, coming up on West Bay as dawn broke. Bay looked lumpy so quick discussion and we decided to push on to Highborne. Again low tide had the potential to cause us grief on the white banks sowe made a bit of detour to the south. By 1500 we had our hook down and set at Highbourne, Exhumas. We are back!! The colour of this water is incredible, never gets old! Will try and get more updates on a timely basis.
Fair winds all!
Comments
Vessel Name: Seahawk X
Vessel Make/Model: Island Trader 41, Ketch
Hailing Port: Kingston, Ontario
Crew: Wendy, Burry, Maggie, Bartley (in our hearts)
About: Wendy and Burry have been married for 30+ years and moved aboard Seahawk when they were transfered from Maryland to New Jersey. Threw off the lines fall of 2010 and have been travelling the eastern seaboard and bahamas since.
Extra: We have two children we love a lot and miss, hoping they will visit us more once we are in the tropics lol. Tara is a budding bio scientist, recently married to Chris, and just completed her masters. Michael is in the Navel Reserve and has finished his degree and headed to Saskatoon with Megan.

The Adventures of the Vanderveers

Who: Wendy, Burry, Maggie, Bartley (in our hearts)
Port: Kingston, Ontario