Venturous

16 November 2012 | Hinckley's Yard, Portsmouth, RI
25 July 2012 | Jamestown, Rhode Island
18 July 2012 | Conanicut Island, Rhode Island
14 July 2012
14 July 2012 | St. George, Bermuda
10 July 2012
10 July 2012 | St George Bermuda
10 July 2012 | St. George, Bermuda
09 July 2012 | St. George, Bermuda
02 July 2012 | St Georges, Bermuda
30 June 2012
28 June 2012 | 337 nm from Bermuda
19 June 2012 | 25 50.952N, 29 59.639W
18 June 2012 | Southern North Altantic
15 June 2012
15 June 2012 | About 400 miles west of Canaries
07 June 2012 | Gran Canaria
06 June 2012 | Palmas de Gran Canaria

A Blissful Day

21 April 2012 | Elba to Capraia
Gaile/Sunny, Warm(er), Light Breeze
This morning we said goodbye to Porto Azzuro, to make our way to Capraia, at the end of the Tuscan Archipelago. Although the wind is light, this is a gorgeous and clear day - we're enjoying a warmer, sunnier passage doing about 6 kts with light SE winds about 13 kts.

We all agreed - we love Elba. It's a lovely island of extensive natural beauty and interesting history, with plenty of easily accessible areas for walking, hiking over majestic views without being too far from beautiful small towns and marinas. Phil and I were happy to be able to visit it again so soon, and share more of it with friends this time.

Marco continues to be a great partner both on deck, and in the galley. We appreciate so much his quick handling on deck, constant care of the boat, and eagerness to learn all the boat's finer details that are new to us all. I have to add that, although I continue to prepare some meals, I am getting a little spoiled with his wonderful pasta dishes and other creations for our dinners! However, I need to continue to work at training him to eat more vegetables. :)

Other things to learn - taking care of our boat's interior and systems feels a little like being at home, only in a more condensed way. And the dust seems to accumulate even more. But little by little, the daily and weekly maintenance, all those checks in the engine room and elsewhere, are becoming part of a routine. Maybe we are getting situated, finally....!

Ciao for now.
Gaile
Comments
Vessel Name: Venturous
Vessel Make/Model: Southern Wind Farr 72
Hailing Port: Newport, Rhode Island
Crew: Philip and Gaile Jones
Extra: While we are happy to be home in the U.S., the process of shopping for just the right boat in Italy for 5 years has been a very special pleasure!

New England Coast, USA

Who: Philip and Gaile Jones
Port: Newport, Rhode Island