Vitesse

09 August 2016 | Put-in Bay
06 August 2016 | Bayfield
04 August 2016 | Kincardine
02 August 2016 | Tobermory
30 July 2016 | Croker Island
28 July 2016 | John's island
28 July 2016 | Oak harbor
28 July 2016 | John's island
26 July 2016 | Little Current
24 July 2016 | Heyward Island
16 July 2016 | Elgin harbor
15 July 2016 | Sarnia
13 July 2016 | Lake St Clair Jefferson Beach Marina
13 July 2016 | Put-in-bay Lake Erie
11 July 2016 | Mentor YC
07 July 2016 | Youngstown Yacht Club
07 July 2016 | Youngstown Yacht Club
07 July 2016 | Youngstown Yacht Club
22 May 2015 | Lock 9 Erie canal
18 May 2015 | Hop-o-nose Marina

Beaufort to north of Wrightsville Beach

26 September 2014
Jacky
Last night in Beaufort we had a real night out. Ate at Saltys which was really good. It had a nice rustic interior. Afterwards we walked down a back road in search of a bar the people on the boat across from us told us about. On the way there we ran into those folks. The name of their boat was Heidi Marie. I asked the lady if she was Heidi, and things just moved on from there. What an interesting couple! They live in Saudi Arabia. Chris, the husband works for Aramco, the Arab-American oil company. Bob says he thinks the Arabs own it now. At any rate we had lots of discussions on their life there and reminisce about our time living in England.

This morning we got up and were out of our slip at 8am. We continued on the ICW because the wind and waves were so rough on the ocean. The ICW is literally a ditch dug in wide marshes just inside the outer banks. It's very stressful because if you get out of the ditch, you go aground. So you are constantly watching the charts and the depth. We are anchored in a pretty little cove. It took us an hour to move slowly in here and get anchored, going aground twice. The Dolphins welcomed us.

While in Beaufort, we went to a fish store and got some shrimp and red drum(also called red fish or just plain red). Made a fantastic dinner. Had some fish flour I dredged the red in and sautéed in olive oil and butter. Had some leftover broccoli I had cooked to make broccoli salad assuming it was going to be warm. (It never saw salad. I used part of it to put in Mac and cheese.) the rest of the broccoli I heated up with leftover cheese sauce from making the Mac and cheese.

We are hoping to make it to Cape Fear tomorrow, the head out into the ocean.
Comments
Vessel Name: grande Vitesse
Vessel Make/Model: Sabre 42
Hailing Port: Rochester Yacht Club
Crew: Bob and Jacky
About: Retired and embarking on our lifes dream.

The Fields

Who: Bob and Jacky
Port: Rochester Yacht Club