Taya's voyages after Patagonia

After Chilean "canales" from Puerto Montt to Puerto Williams in 2019, In 2020, Taya moves up the South Atlantic Coast, from Tierra Del Fuego to Baltimore.

Day Four

21 March 2015 | 450 miles from Norkolk
Alan
6:15 AM
We finally resumed our course south after the wind-shift which happened at 4am. At first the NW wind were strong so we stayed hove to for an hour more; now the wind is down to 27 knots so we're heading south at a good clip. Now I mean south as a general direction since the boat advances like a drunken landlubber because of the waves. I still feeling queasy; so is Nathaniel who's asleep in the aft cabin. We haven't had anything to eat since yesterday morning. Only sips of water here and there (that is the fresh kind, we've had plenty of the other kind) and I just tempted my luck with a ginger ale. Nothing intellectual going on, we're kind of on a conservation mode.
I've had some pretty strange dreams.
Did I say I always wanted to be a farmer?

Alan

5:25 pm
We're arguing about what to watch on movie night..... We just settled for Firefly as I type.
Today was a much better day.
The sun came out around noon we've been sailing well and in the right direction with the sails wing and wing.
We've gone about 450nm since Norfolk.
We're not feeling seasick anymore so tonight is our first real meal in a couple days: pork chops, noodles, and a big salad.
Nathaniel is cooking the noodles now and I'll do the salad.
We spent an hour and a half maneuvering on deck to set the pole and various other things. There are some big waves but they are very gentle and they carry the boat forward as they pass under us.
I let out the water generator after fixing what didn't work yesterday (something was wired backward!)

....Can you imagine whalers who would leave their families behind for years when going on a campaign?...

I have to go fix the salad says the boss.

Alan
Comments
Vessel Name: Taya
Vessel Make/Model: Passoa 50
Hailing Port: Dover, Delaware
Crew: Alan Cresswell and Katy Clay
Extra: Katy, author posting the blog.
Social:
Taya's Photos - Main
Fall 2019 trip from Puerto Montt to Puerto WIlliam
10 Photos
Created 6 November 2019
December 2017
1 Photo
Created 27 December 2017
Prep for the Southern Ocean
No Photos
Created 10 November 2017
New Zealand prep
No Photos
Created 10 November 2017
3 Photos
Created 3 October 2017
3 Photos
Created 1 July 2015
2 Photos
Created 24 January 2015