Taya's voyages after Patagonia

After Chilean "canales" from Puerto Montt to Puerto Williams in 2019, In 2020, Taya moves up the South Atlantic Coast, from Tierra Del Fuego to Baltimore.

Day 74: About Nathaniel's Hike Etc

30 May 2015
Alan
Mid Day Friday the 29th
Nathaniel went on a hike, met a goat and followed her (I guess we're getting desperate) and radioed me when he was on the ridge on the opposite side of the bay. I could see him with binoculars because his body was against the sky and he was telling me where to look. Now he is walking down to the beach of the next bay (not Atiheu, so no Yvonne no boats and no village). He'll try and get a hold of me when he gets there.
Our new German buddies anchored Atiheu came over for lunch on the boat: one using our famous trail, the other by dinghy around the headland. We made them Nathaniel's famous cucumber tomato salad served with Nat's homemade bread and also very cold beers that we had lugged back yesterday from Atiheu: how stylish is that? It was good fun and we decided to meet Monday at Daniel's bay on the SW side of the island where the magnum waterfall is.
Just an hour ago a couple boats came and anchored in the bay: one from Monaco, the other from Antigua but the guy on board is French and his wife Malay I think - we had seen them in Fatu Hiva when we first got here. Anyway he comes over and warns us that he's going to start his compressor for his diving bottles and it might make noise for an hour. We start talking, and he said that they had eaten at Yvonne and he had asked her if she made pigs the traditional Marquesan way (involving fire on the beach, coconut branches, rock and other things....). Yvonne said yes but they had to be 9 or 10 people to make it worthwhile (it involves roasting the whole pig) so he asked if we would be interested. I said sure! But it has to be on Monday. So what the f..? Our social calendar is getting too crowded. So I'm thinking about asking our German buddies if they want to join the meal? We'll see.
This morning our gray water pump separated its heavenly soul from its earthly decaying body without warning other than the stench of the gray water backing up in the shower. Luckily I had rigged another pump that I wanted to use for the bilge water but the system didn't work and the pump was just sitting there unused. So I disconnect that one and used it for the gray water and by some miracle it worked. It is not the right kind of pump for that service so I might have another defender order coming to you. You'd better hurry up and come before you need to charter a cargo plane to carry your luggage!

Late on the 29th
We are planning another feast.....
... Nathaniel had a wonderful hike; we'll go again tomorrow
Morning the 30th
Hope you had a good night and morning.
I looked at the other place to leave the boat but it's to much east and I would have to beat against wind, swells and current to get back there after Tahiti.
Read about Tuamotus (Ahe and Rangiroa) and the society islands in the Kindle book we have called "back at the helm" by some swedes in a big fancy sailboat, it gives extra info about the places we're planning to visit.

Today I might take Nathaniel's walk, or join him if he wants to go again. I'll try to fix the automatic fresh water supply (for sink and shower); we've used only the foot pump in the galley for fw.
And maybe I'll work on the watermaker.
The radar has also conked out but that is too much of a fix for here; maybe in Raiatea at the end of the season.
Last night we watch "for a few dollars more" while nat was baking bread; and the bread turned out to be the best so far.

What are you plans for the next couple weeks.... 17 days exactly, yeah!
Comments
Vessel Name: Taya
Vessel Make/Model: Passoa 50
Hailing Port: Dover, Delaware
Crew: Alan Cresswell and Katy Clay
Extra: Katy, author posting the blog.
Social:
Taya's Photos - Main
Fall 2019 trip from Puerto Montt to Puerto WIlliam
10 Photos
Created 6 November 2019
December 2017
1 Photo
Created 27 December 2017
Prep for the Southern Ocean
No Photos
Created 10 November 2017
New Zealand prep
No Photos
Created 10 November 2017
3 Photos
Created 3 October 2017
3 Photos
Created 1 July 2015
2 Photos
Created 24 January 2015