Taya's voyages after Patagonia

After Chilean "canales" from Puerto Montt to Puerto Williams in 2019, In 2020, Taya moves up the South Atlantic Coast, from Tierra Del Fuego to Baltimore.

Days 89 to 93

19 June 2015 | Rangiroa, Tuamotus
Blog: Day 91 to Day 93 (The 18th of June)
The 16th I (Katy) flew from Tahiti to Rangiroa to join Taya; Alan had tied up the dinghy in the lagoon a 100 feet from the terminal, so we dragged my 50 lbs bag across the dirt road, loaded it onboard and motored back to Taya; our anchorage is just inside the lip of the western side of the Tiputa pass. We went ashore hoping to have some dinner, and shopped in a TMT store. No tomatoes (sadness for Alan) but lots of little green peppers. The one little restaurant that was open was having a birthday party for the 7 year old son of the owner Lili so we ate boat food and defrosted steaks; mmmm!
The next day Alan and I snorkeled at Motu Nuhu Nuhu ; read one of the Michener tale of the S. Pacific to A & N; We all played Wagon Wheel; me on ukele with N on guitar and A on flute. Daily life for island residents: school boat for kids; unloading at the wharf. We had lunch on a terrace over the little cement wharf at Tiputa pass (chez Oapuo Tiputa) Salade Poisson Tartare/ Mangue; brochette. Under our feet raies and an eel and colorful fish swirled in the water. The wharf was bustling: school age island residents took a boat taxi across the pass to return to afternoon school; dockmen on forklifts unloaded cargo from tiny freighters (150 ft) (A: "trashed rusty buckets" that replaced schooners of the earlier days). We talked to a dive shop guy about getting what is called "Baptism" or "Bapteme." Trying out scuba on a first dive. We also worked on installing the newly arrived insulated copper refrigerant tubing in Galley and rearranged our cabin. At night we watched. Madmen, the first 3 ep, and that made us start thinking about advertising culture in late 50s.
The next morning we discovered leaks in 2 of the weekly bags of canned food stored in fwd cabin. Cleaned them; discarded bad; relabeled and restowed. Called Mom, (it's June 18th, Happy birthday, momma!) When we went ashore, we considered excursions around Rangiroa; Blue Lagoon, Isles aux Recifs; Motu visiting where they are harvesting copra; touring Avoratu and a black pearl farm; scheduled Bapteme for 10am Friday. Back on board I restarted bloggings and finished Michener's Tales of the south pacific. (1946). I wanted to talk to Steve, re the last story, the cemetery at Hoga Point; cemeteries as equalizers, war as loss of a future. Worked on understanding Tahitian culture with Tahiti behind the postcards by Anthropologist Kahn. At night we watched Madmen 2nd 3 eps.
Comments
Vessel Name: Taya
Vessel Make/Model: Passoa 50
Hailing Port: Dover, Delaware
Crew: Alan Cresswell and Katy Clay
Extra: Katy, author posting the blog.
Social:
Taya's Photos - Main
Fall 2019 trip from Puerto Montt to Puerto WIlliam
10 Photos
Created 6 November 2019
December 2017
1 Photo
Created 27 December 2017
Prep for the Southern Ocean
No Photos
Created 10 November 2017
New Zealand prep
No Photos
Created 10 November 2017
3 Photos
Created 3 October 2017
3 Photos
Created 1 July 2015
2 Photos
Created 24 January 2015