Taya's voyages after Patagonia

After Chilean "canales" from Puerto Montt to Puerto Williams in 2019, In 2020, Taya moves up the South Atlantic Coast, from Tierra Del Fuego to Baltimore.

Night watch miscellanea

19 January 2018
Alan
1:26 am
Peter was back today but didn't ask about traffic so I had no chance to say hi. ... We had another very slow day with the high all over us. We made several sail changes (code 0, genaker, code 0, gennaker again to straighten up a cluster fuck on the previous dousing (tack line had gotten free so we couldn't roll it and had to bring it down the old fashioned way while it was flogging away in 15kts of wind). We just got a beautiful sunset but wind is not here....; latest is that tomorrow should be good according to peter. I should have followed my gut a week ago and dip south as much as possible to be south of the highs. They have been responsible for both the high winds from the wrong direction and the light winds. Met Bob routed us north because it was the fastest according to the forecasts but the forecasts not being reliable it ends up being a poor choice.
We went swimming today and washed ourselves and it felt great We saw a fishing buoy drifting. Had cabbage and carrot salad for lunch and cheese and crackers before the roll call.
I'd like to get the chords for city of new orleans and and hotel california (thought they were on board but cannot find them)
Comments
Vessel Name: Taya
Vessel Make/Model: Passoa 50
Hailing Port: Dover, Delaware
Crew: Alan Cresswell and Katy Clay
Extra: Katy, author posting the blog.
Social:
Taya's Photos - Main
Fall 2019 trip from Puerto Montt to Puerto WIlliam
10 Photos
Created 6 November 2019
December 2017
1 Photo
Created 27 December 2017
Prep for the Southern Ocean
No Photos
Created 10 November 2017
New Zealand prep
No Photos
Created 10 November 2017
3 Photos
Created 3 October 2017
3 Photos
Created 1 July 2015
2 Photos
Created 24 January 2015