Taya's voyages after Patagonia

After Chilean "canales" from Puerto Montt to Puerto Williams in 2019, In 2020, Taya moves up the South Atlantic Coast, from Tierra Del Fuego to Baltimore.

Calculating landing times, watermakers and food abord

26 January 2018 | 3200 nm from Cape Horn
Alan/cloudy
...We're 3200nm from the from the Horn and another 500nm to the Falklands and then 1100nm on top of that for Punta del Este: so 4800nm to go plus a week in the Falklands which puts us about March 25th in Punta del Este. Maybe just take a ticket for April 1st? Is that bad? If the kids are not coming don't you have more flexibility and like this chances are that I'll be the one waiting which is perfect.

My watermaker attempts didn't pan out yesterday but I'm getting really fast at dismantling the thing. I could do it blindfolded with my arms tied in the back. I guess I'll email the manufacturer today and ask them for ideas. Since it was working and then stopped, and nothing seems broken inside, it cannot be a catastrophic failure and must be something stupid. By the way our next boat either has no watermaker or three identical watermakers in parallel with automatic switching between them in case of failure, and worldwide (and I mean worldwide which includes all the oceans) on site insurance!

Yogurt, granola, apple and maple syrup for breakfast. The apples are still doing great. Pasta (cooked in a minimalist puddle of fresh water),pesto sour cream with can of chicken (we argued about the merits of chicken vs tuna but frankly they taste the same) and can of cherry tomatoes (Janneke's recipe from some dude called Jamie Oliver; know him?).
....
Comments
Vessel Name: Taya
Vessel Make/Model: Passoa 50
Hailing Port: Dover, Delaware
Crew: Alan Cresswell and Katy Clay
Extra: Katy, author posting the blog.
Social:
Taya's Photos - Main
Fall 2019 trip from Puerto Montt to Puerto WIlliam
10 Photos
Created 6 November 2019
December 2017
1 Photo
Created 27 December 2017
Prep for the Southern Ocean
No Photos
Created 10 November 2017
New Zealand prep
No Photos
Created 10 November 2017
3 Photos
Created 3 October 2017
3 Photos
Created 1 July 2015
2 Photos
Created 24 January 2015