Taya's voyages after Patagonia

After Chilean "canales" from Puerto Montt to Puerto Williams in 2019, In 2020, Taya moves up the South Atlantic Coast, from Tierra Del Fuego to Baltimore.

Nice night sailing before the storm

15 February 2018 | Southern Ocean
Alan
Nice night sailing. We are at 41N and 99W and we keep on sailing NE. Nice morning with low humidity and sunshine. Oat meal and coffee for breakfast right now. In the GFS the low looks like it's petering out somewhat and that we won't get more than 35kts of wind on average, during the day tomorrow. We'll still put the drogue out at the end of the day, both as a precaution if weather is worse than predicted and to nurse our port rudder. The winds being from the North anyway we'll be going in the wrong direction. So better go there slowly than fast.

When you get a chance can you have a look at the ECWF model and see if it is significantly different from what I have from the GFS. And try to change your units in the windy.com settings to have wind speeds in knots not mph, like this I don't have to pull out my calculator or guess!

Janneke is finishing Naomi Klein and her dad bought the book as well!

I had never used HF telephony before but boy am I happy I got my amateur radio license. The PSN is wonderful, people get out their way to help and the human contact is important as well. Tell Evan to get his rig in order. He's got to have a kick ass antenna: Yaegi with directionality. I can hear Peter and Randy as if they were sitting next to me when their antennas are pointing towards me.

Right now we're still focused on the storm but the days after that look good for us.
Comments
Vessel Name: Taya
Vessel Make/Model: Passoa 50
Hailing Port: Dover, Delaware
Crew: Alan Cresswell and Katy Clay
Extra: Katy, author posting the blog.
Social:
Taya's Photos - Main
Fall 2019 trip from Puerto Montt to Puerto WIlliam
10 Photos
Created 6 November 2019
December 2017
1 Photo
Created 27 December 2017
Prep for the Southern Ocean
No Photos
Created 10 November 2017
New Zealand prep
No Photos
Created 10 November 2017
3 Photos
Created 3 October 2017
3 Photos
Created 1 July 2015
2 Photos
Created 24 January 2015