10 October 2010
10 October 2010 | Niue
10 October 2010 | Nowhereland
10 October 2010 | Cook Islands
22 September 2010 | Rarotonga, Cook Islands
04 September 2010 | Rarotonga
22 August 2010
29 July 2010 | Tuamotus
10 July 2010 | Nuku Hiva
04 May 2010 | Oahu for one more day

Tonga, New Zealand, and Home!

28 December 2010
Kevin
After writing about Niue back in October, my blog-motivation faltered, and I failed to post entries for Tonga and New Zealand. For those of you who then assumed that we died in a cave in Niue: ALL IS WELL!
After spending about five weeks in Tonga, the crew of the Shannon made the leap down to New Zealand with a quick stop at Minerva Reef. We arrived in Opua, NZ on November 9th after an exceptionally nice easy passage. Whew!
Christina met us at the dock in Opua (along with couple other good friends) and we spent some time cruising the Bay of Islands and the Tutukaka Coast in their company. (Let's just say that 8 people aboard is about all Shannon can comfortably handle!).
On November 29th, we hauled Shannon out of the water at Norsand Boatyard in Whangerei, NZ. There she'll sit in her cradle until we're ready to sail her again, which will probably end up being the spring of '12. Ken and Alina are back in Hawaii, and Christina and I are currently back in Montana for Christmas, enjoying some family time and all the good x-country skiing.
I hope to write an account of our experiences in Tonga and New Zealand before they fade from memory, so just because the Shannon isn't sailing anymore doesn't mean you shouldn't check the blog a few more times!
Christina and I will be heading back to Hawaii on Jan 13th to start work and replenish our severely depleated coffers!
Hope everyone had a great Holiday. Happy New Years!
Comments
Vessel Name: Shannon
Vessel Make/Model: Union 36
Hailing Port: Kailua, Hawaii
Crew: Kevin O'Brien, Christina Hoe, Ken Bwy, Alina Madadi Bwy, Britton Warfield

Crew of the Shannon

Who: Kevin O'Brien, Christina Hoe, Ken Bwy, Alina Madadi Bwy, Britton Warfield
Port: Kailua, Hawaii