Livin the Dream!!

25 March 2024
19 March 2024 | Tenacatita
13 March 2024
13 March 2024
03 March 2024
28 February 2024
28 February 2024
28 February 2024
28 February 2024 | day 2
13 February 2024 | LaCruz Marina
01 February 2024
01 February 2024 | San Juanico
25 January 2024
20 January 2024 | San Quintin (no not the prison!)
16 January 2024 | ensenada
13 January 2024
29 November 2023 | Back at Das Boat!

Latitudes and Attitudes

31 December 2009 | Chamela Baby!!
Lawnboy!
It seems our attitudes get better with every degree of southern Latitude earned. It's getting really warm, we are always sticky and sweating...so it is a function of survival that we swim in the 80 degree water! We left Yelapa yesterday morning and sailed all the way to Ipala our intended next stop. It was past 4pm when we pulled in and the wind was howling. Two boats anchored and no swing room for us meant after my urging...press on to pull an overniter to Chamela our next destination. Capm Dad seconded the motion so we were off, I reeled out the headsail, poled it out and set up a course in the chartplotter which is thank goodness now working perfectly! Dad took the first watch till midnight then I took Midnight to 6am. Back in the saddle again. At sun up we could see land and our destination. Despite my coughing and soar throat....did I tell you I'm sick? we celebrated the anchorage, me with a nap and Dad with a drink. The music is pounding at 5000 db from shore, we are in Mexico man!

Oden the Sea God blessed me with a broken drawer face and millions of little tidbits all over my forward deck rolling every which way in the 25 knot winds. I tried to ignore it and go to sleep but it didn't work. So, I slept with said tidbits on my bunk till we got here and then did some yankee workshop furniture repairs...guess all that discovery channel stuff really does sink in!

Dad asked me if I was going swimming....before I could answer him I was 5' over the rail and into the crystal clear drink before he could even laugh...shortly after he retorted with a splash. We floated around and giggled at how we floated in the salty brine...couldn't be all the excess body fat could it? Soon after were showers in the cockpit and reading a book till dark.

The music ashore was SO loud I had to respond by cranking up all my 100 watts of Ottmar Liebert guitar and say...TAKE THAT! Don't think they heard me. Dinner was steak, salad and jasmine rice...and a glass of great red even with a cold. Don't know our next move but will keep you all posted!!

All for now- Capm Dad & Lawnboy- P.S..got a nice email from our friends at the dock Phil and family...they already miss us-
Comments
Vessel Name: wades aweigh
Vessel Make/Model: 1974 Irwin 37
Hailing Port: anacortes, wa
Crew: Captain Lawnboy!
About: Me? well, retired pseudo landscaper turned worldsailor and adventure junkieā€¦.chasing new horizons one ocean at a time
Extra: I bought the boat from mom & dad in 1999 and have been restoring her to current glory ever since. It's a work in progress. This blog is an accounting of my travels raw and uncut.
wades aweigh's Photos - Main
20 Photos
Created 3 March 2024
misc pics of the trip so far!!!
68 Photos
Created 27 December 2010
misc stuff
No Photos
Created 26 December 2009
From Everett to San Diego in 2 weeks
6 Photos
Created 23 September 2009
Thanks for taking time to look up my blog! You are now on board with the COOLEST dream EVER!!